Remote job description
We are looking for a Front End Developer to work on our e-commerce website cowboy.com. You will be part of a really small team so we expect full autonomy and an entrepreneurial spirit.
What you'll be doing
- Translate company and consumer needs into functional and compelling consumer experiences
- Structure our current frontend code in a more visually consistent manner that encourages the building of more accessible and user friendly interfaces
- Contribute clean, scalable, reliable and high quality production code to the Cowboy consumer-facing website
- Improve the performance, reliability, and scalability of our current code
- Collaborate with other engineers and stakeholders to wireframe concepts and apply learnings from analytics to improve site conversion rate and consumer satisfaction
Who we are
In 2018, Cowboy introduced the most beautiful, simple, and connected electric bike for urban riders. With a vision to be the ideal mode of transport, Cowboy has transformed the electric bike to be a fully connected ecosystem that our riders experience every day. Over time, the cultural impact we imagine is one of creating the living city - urban environments that are more mindful of us and the way we want to move and more sustainable for all its inhabitants.
We are a disrupter in the market with ambitious goals, winning Red-Dot awards in 2018, 2019, and 2021. We enhance the riding experience by unifying intelligent technology, delightful design, and meticulous customer service. Our mission is to become the most desirable micro-mobility company in Europe & US by 2025.
In May 2021, Cowboy launched its fourth model, introducing a new frame with a wireless phone charging feature. Our bikes, on-demand test rides, and repair services are available in more than 10 European countries and our bikes are available across the U.S.A. In January 2022, Cowboy raised $80 Million of funding from international investors led by HCVC and Siam Capital with continued support from previous investors Index and Tiger Global in the Series C round.
A Cowboy is someone with the courage, despite their fears, to follow their own intuition and to move their own way. Courage is the human emotion shared among our riders and with us as a brand.
- A strong front-end portfolio. Please send a link when you apply. We won't reply to applications without a portfolio URL.
- Creative coder, showing clever solutions to difficult problems.
- Excellent understanding of usability and design patterns.
- Great responsive HTML/CSS (Sass) skills.
- An obsession for performances and accessibility.
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Knowledge of Shopify.
- Knowledge of SEO.
- Highly competitive package with a clear and open salary structure
- 30 days annual leave/ vacation days (exclusive of local bank holidays)
- Your own Cowboy bike* (and a nice discount for your family)
- Monthly wellbeing budget
- Annual L&D budget
- If you are based in Belgium then an annual budget to cover some of your costs on the days you chose to work from home. If you aren't based in Belgium then you will receive a monthly remote work fund to set you up for success or co-working subscription if preferred.
- Opportunity to become one of the key employees of a fast-growing startup with open, respectful and fun company culture
- Daily meal allowance
- Having a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Working with people who love what they do every day
- for the duration of your contract
Just like our rider community in cities across Europe, diversity is a strength. No matter where you come from, or the path you're on, Cowboy is inclusive and so is our workplace. Your unique skills, passion, and perspective will help us continue to transform mobility and urban life for the better.
Company name: Cowboy
Remote job title: Front-end Developer
Job tags: hardware, mobility