Enterprise Technology Field Engineer
Remote job description
Enterprise Technology Field Engineer (Travel Required) - Deliveroo
About the Role:
The Deliveroo Enterprise Technology (ET) team conceives, designs, builds and sustains the business services powering Deliveroo's internal teams globally, as we transform the way customers eat. We continually drive service improvements and love to automate everything we can on our journey towards customer delight.
The Field Engineering team leads the design, build and implementation of IT equipment in our Hop & Editions sites globally. This may vary from hands-on implementation or governance and assurance of our implementing suppliers. The field engineering team contributes to creating a collaborative working partnership between Enterprise Technology, our suppliers and the Hop & Editions business lines.
As an ET Field Engineer at Deliveroo you will be responsible for excellence in customer satisfaction, enjoy troubleshooting, governing IT suppliers and setting up IT systems. As the expert at customer sites, you will ensure that site technology is commissioned and maintained properly. You will ensure the best possible service standards are maintained and lead activities including customer demonstrations, governing supplier implementations and in some cases, on-site installation of IT equipment.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Communicate with users to determine needs and articulate complex issues to other stakeholders
- Lead on field activities and implement engineering designs
- Resolve incidents & problems when they arise
- Oversee technical changes and improvements
- Install new systems and technology
- Ensure the highest levels of customer experience with a keen focus on helping people resolve issues and problems.
- Troubleshoot tickets that have been escalated via the service management toolset. Some tickets you will work through to resolution, and some you will need to collaborate or escalate to other teams for assistance.
- Troubleshoot, or escalate issues as appropriate, in a timely manner while communicating clearly and proactively throughout the customer's experience until resolved.
- Share our passion for improvement, always looking for opportunities to improve and highlighting them to the team and management.
- Provide support covering standard office hours and there will be occasions where you will be required to work some late evenings carrying out support and maintenance activities
- Contribute to an on-call rota to support out of core hour high priority incidents.
- You live and breathe Field Engineering
- Deep understanding of IT hardware and installation services
- Experience working across organisational boundaries on a local and global basis
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective communication with all levels of staff up to senior management
- Effective internal & external stakeholder management
- Broad understanding of IT technologies and business considerations
- Abie to perform work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficient with Google Workspace (G Suite) including writing high quality "How To" guides
- Proficient with Jira & Confluence, able to manage work effectively and document valuable knowledge.
We're also interested in...
- Retail field engineering experience
- Exposure to retail equipment, set up and support processes
- Proficient in network connectivity and configuration
- Technically certified
- ITIL understanding and/or Certified
What you'll Get:
- Working with and implementing modern technology
- Excellent benefits package.
- Monthly lunch allowance on the 2nd Friday of each month
- Free Deliveroo plus, with benefits such as free delivery on all orders
- Twice yearly performance review to ensure your career is on the right track and enable progression opportunities. Yearly performance based pay reviews to ensure you're compensated accordingly.
- Company bonus scheme
- Flexible cost benefits such as healthcare, cycle to work
- Contributory company pension scheme
Company name: Deliveroo
Remote job title: Enterprise Technology Field Engineer
Job tags: marketplace, e-commerce, food, local, retail, smb