Engineering Technical Writer
Remote job description
Our mission is to make buying online faster, safer and easier for everyone. Fast Login and Fast Checkout enable a one-click sign-in and purchasing experience that makes it easier for people to buy and merchants to sell. The company's products work on any browser, device or platform to deliver a consistent, stress-free purchasing experience. Fast is entirely consumer-focused and invests heavily in its users' privacy and data security. Headquartered in San Francisco but open to a globally remote workforce, we are a founders-led, privately held company funded by Stripe, Index Ventures, Susa Ventures and other world-class investors.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and demonstrate our values through equitable pay, fantastic benefits, and access to all reasonable accommodations.
Fast is looking for an expert, passionate, and results-oriented Technical Writer to drive the development and evolution of how people engage with documents. The role requires an individual with excellent technical writing abilities and an outstanding track record of delivering results. The candidate must have exemplary communication skills, bring attention to detail and possess a solid ability to influence without authority. As a technical writer, you will be part of the engineering team and work closely with the product, engineering, and support teams to design and produce comprehensive documentation. This role will play a critical part in driving the technical documentation strategy, processes and best practices.
- Design, write and edit technical documentation for Fast products and services
- Work with engineering, product and support teams to ensure the quality, discoverability and accuracy of the content you create
- Create and maintain code sample snippets and sample workflows to demonstrate usage (we use go and react)
- Work within an Agile development, using JIRA to track and plan documentation work
- Own internal documentation to start, then own, grow, administer, and organize that repository to include all documentation from internal to external
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent experience) with 4+ years of experience in technical writing
- Experience with writing concise and very readable documentation
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems and Restful APIs
- Knowledge of basic database concepts and the software development life cycle
- Comfortable using plain-text editors to author in Markdown and HTML
- Ability to work independently, but also able to collaborate with other writers and developers with a positive attitude
- Previous e-commerce or startup experience
- Content writing
- Knowledge of the payments industry
Benefits of Fast
We are an early stage, well-funded company with an innovative engineering and product culture, who prioritizes inclusion and diversity. We offer incredible health benefits, 401k, and equity as part of our competitive compensation package.
Do you like snacks? So do we. Every month we curate new companies and products, and share with all employees, regardless of location.
Also- we have fabulous swag, including the infamous Fast Hoodie (with its own Twitter following).
Engineering Technical Writer