Remote job description
Who We Are
Our mission is to make payments safer and easier for everyone. We started with a consumer product that helps people spend more safely using virtual payment cards. Then we launched a simple, modern API to make our payment and card issuing infrastructure available to other startups, fintechs, and brands. Today, that infrastructure powers hundreds of millions of dollars in payments for consumers and some of the most innovative companies in the world.
What You'll Do
As an Engineering Manager at Privacy, your first responsibility is to the other engineers on the team. You'll partner with hiring and recruiting, grow our culture of ownership, foster career growth and development, and enhance developer productivity and happiness.
This won't be your only focus, however-- you will also collaborate across the organization with technical and non-technical peers to take products from ideation to launch. You'll have the opportunity to build features and drive improvements in our consumer card offering, our treasury API platform, and within partnerships that will power the next generation of financial services.
As an Engineering Manager at Privacy, you'll:
- Facilitate, embody, and protect a culture of engineering excellence and product innovation.
- Grow, mentor, hire, and retain our incredible team.
- Conduct regular 1on1s with your direct reports, drive career conversations, and own the overall health and engagement of the team.
- Collaborate with our CTO to build and maintain our software roadmap.
- Ensure the team meets deadlines and launch dates through an effective sprint planning process and standups.
- Partner with the Product Management team to define the roadmap and support with technical design, workbreakdown, implementation, testing, and deployment of features.
- Communicate technical decisions to stakeholders, remove blockers for the team, and keep our development process running smoothly.
- Hold a high bar for product quality and help enforce it across the company.
Who you are:
As a leader, you measure your success based on the strength of your team. You understand that all decisions are trade-offs and there is rarely one correct answer to a problem. You make decisions thoughtfully and always consider implications, outcomes, and downstream effects.
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and experiences to apply, but we think that successful Engineering Managers at Privacy will have:
- 8+ years of experience in the engineering field with 3+ years in engineering management.
- Project management and communication skills that bring the team together.
- Experience making tradeoffs and prioritization in shipping products.
- Thoughtful consideration of decisions and their impact on others.
- Ability to get things done through influence and wellreasoned thought leadership rather than outright authority.
- Ownership mindset caring about seeing features through from start to finish.
- Empathy and humility.
- Strong engineering skills with principles first thinking.
Privacy is an equal opportunity employer. We're committed to ensuring a safe and inclusive workplace by welcoming people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We encourage people from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply. If you have a disability or other need that requires accommodations in the application process, please let us know.Summary