Remote job description
Our ambition is to be the definitive food company, feeding people three times a day with great food from the World's best-loved restaurants, all with an unparalleled level of convenience.
From distributed computing to large-scale system design, complex algorithms to beautiful user interfaces, we have teams working on every step of the journey, in real-time, to ensure we continue to offer our customers a growing selection of choice at the best price with a fantastic level of service.
We work with thousands of restaurants worldwide, from renowned local gems to your favourite chains, allowing them to open up a new revenue stream and reach new customers. Our restaurant partners, riders and customers are as passionate about food as we are, and if you want to make an impact on millions of users by solving some of the biggest technical challenges at great scale, come on board and join the ride.
At Deliveroo we're striving to build London's best engineering organisation.
We're dedicated to building a collaborative and supportive culture. We set goals and objectives and offer advice. We empower our engineers to find solutions to problems at great scale. We trust them to use their time wisely.
Our teams are solving unique and difficult problems at scale in an energetic and hyper-growth environment. We're growing incredibly quickly and we need experienced technical managers to help us scale.
We're looking for engineering managers at all levels of experience, from managing one or two teams to directing at a group level.
Over the next 12 months you will:
- Line manage one or more teams of Backend, iOS, Android and Web Engineers
- Contribute to product strategy, set project goals and continue to support and develop your team
- Grow a diverse, highly-skilled group of engineers, gaining fantastic exposure to scaling a tech team at a unique pace
- Create a learning environment for your team and act as a mentor for engineers and up and coming leaders
- Become instrumental in improving and implementing processes and values that scale effectively
- Provide technical mentorship to engineers building and deploying large-scale projects internationally
- Collaborate with cross functional teams including product, design, operations
- Proven leadership skills as a line manager to a team
- You have been a software engineer building user-focused products at pace
- Your style is collaborative and supportive, to encourage your team to continually optimise their code
- You set goals and objectives and offer advice, setting your team up for success
- You're a natural recruiter, passionate about building your team
- Passionate about collaborative problem solving
- Flexible working, including parent-friendly working hours, flexible hours, and work from home
- Maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside
- Centralised London engineering organisation with UK working hours
- Build and ship products in London
- Conferences (attending / speaking) and learning resources
- Private healthcare and dental plans, 4% matched pension plan
- Company wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meet-ups hosted on the premises
- Deliveroo Plus subscription (no delivery fee on all orders)
- Sociable, company-wide Friday lunches, all on Deliveroo!
- Full relocation support, worldwide
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexuality, disability, age, marital, parental or veteran status, or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.Summary
Tags: e-commerce, food, local, marketplace, retail, smb