Engineering Lead Solution Engineering
Remote job description
We are looking for a fantastic lead software engineer with the opportunity to work fully remote to join our Platform and API team as the Engineering Lead for our Solutions Engineering team to help us build our SaaS-based anti-money laundering solution to help organizations prevent financial crime!
We are building cutting edge solutions that help reveal the truth for a safer world and stop money ending up in the hands of terrorists.
Since launching in 2014, we have been on a mission to fight financial crime on a global scale. In that time, we have raised over $85m in funding, opened offices in New York, Singapore and Romania, and have grown to over 280 employees, and we're not stopping there!
We can only defeat financial crime if we have people who are experts in their field and who share our core values, which we take very seriously!
- Focus on the Team We're Collaborative, Human, and Humble
- Kaizen We're Curious, Proactive and Agile
- Deliver Results We're Tenacious, Accountable and Focused
You will join the Solutions Engineering team, which recently moved from the commercial organisation into the technology team. Our TMS product provides a flexible solution for customers to monitor their transactions against criteria that the customer themselves define. These criteria are encoded in rules which are written and maintained by our Solutions Engineering team on behalf of the customer.
As Engineering Lead for this team, you will work with the Solution Engineers within the team to understand how engineering best practice can be brought to their work writing and managing these rules. You will work with the team to understand how their work can be made more efficient and robust by combining engineering best practice with the needs and demands of the customer.
Although not a software development team in the traditional sense, the work of this team has a lot in common with writing production code, and we're looking for someone who is motivated by bringing that best practice into this team, someone who is happy to coach and mentor the team in scripting and automating their work and someone who is happy to work in an engineering team which isn't purely writing code.
What does success look like in your first 6 months?
You will understand our rules building process, and have built solid working relationships with the Solution Engineers within the teams and others around the business who rely on what they do.
- The team will have taken strides towards automation in their work and have improved efficient and predictable delivery.
- You will be coaching and mentoring the Solution Engineers within the team.
You are continuously researching tools, technologies and practices. You are able to distinguish between what is hype and what is valuable, and you have solid arguments in favour of your proposals.
You can guide the team towards the established goals. Your colleagues have come to value your technical advice, and you are able to identify areas that need improving and drive those improvements.
Who we are looking for
We value those who take initiative and pride in their work and contribute to a positive working environment. You will be able to deliver on the points covered above, taking into account the following:
- Experience bringing engineering practice to a customer-led engineering team
- Experience prioritising the work of an engineering team
- Experience working in a shared services architecture
- Experience of different types of testing and when to apply it
- Experience working with tooling for testing, build and deployment pipelines (setting it up is a plus) in a continuous development environment
- Experience working with logging, monitoring and alerting tooling (setting it up is a plus)
- Good communication and writing skills including experience writing technical documentation
Experience coaching/mentoring junior team members
Benefits of working at ComplyAdvantage include:
Stock options scheme
Unlimited annual leave allowance
Company Pension Scheme
Company health care plan
Season ticket loan
Cycle to work scheme
Training and development budget
Remote working options
ComplyAdvantage celebrates diversity in our teams, and welcomes applications from all backgrounds. Additionally, we value potential and growth, so if you don't feel that you fulfill all of the criteria, then you should still feel comfortable to apply and your application will be considered fairly.Summary
Engineering Lead - Solution Engineering
Tags: regulation, saas / subscription