Remote job description
Gaming & apps represent a unique, beautiful and creative industry that so skillfully combines data with design. Yet, finance is still too often mysterious and overlooked. The app economy is growing and has its unique characteristics and challenges that deserve its own suite of financial services.
We are building a platform of financial services to demystify finance and to set the companies up for success and smart growth. We are on a mission to support and empower gaming and app companies to create successful products that their customers love, while running profitable businesses.
We are a small founding team with deep experience in gaming + consumer product and in fintech. We're supported by a select group of investors that we deeply respect and admire.
What it's like to work at Sanlo:
We're a young company, so you'll have an opportunity to shape not just our product, but the company itself: who we work with and how we work together.
We're remote-first. We maintain core working hours of 9AM to 5PM PT, when we're all online and available at the same time. We strive to be clear in our communication and over-communicate by default.
What you'll be doing:
As an Engineering Lead and one of the earliest engineers on the team at Sanlo, you will have the opportunity to work across the entire technology stack. This is a great opportunity for an aspiring engineer to build someone really cool in the fintech and gaming space. From ground up.
- You will work closely with other engineers, designers, and product managers to design and maintain multiple technologies.
- Owning and building scalable, reusable systems across Sanlo's technology architecture: infrastructure, backend, frontend.
- Write technical designs based on product requirements.
- Provide high-quality code review feedback to other team members.
- Mentor and provide guidance on engineering best practices to team members.
- Work closely with other engineers, designers, and product to design and maintain multiple technologies, including our API backend, frontend, infrastructure, Google Play, App Store, game analytics, marketing analytics, bookkeeping, payment integrations, and operations tools.
We're looking for someone with:
- Extensive experience (5+ years) of building full-stack web-based products from cloud infrastructure, backend and to the frontend
- Experience as a tech lead to other engineers
- Strong knowledge of software development fundamentals, distributed systems, data storage, and agile development methodologies
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- First Principles Thinking
- Experience with cloud-based application architecture: GCP, AWS
- Experience working in fintech, lending, SaaS, gaming is a plus
You can speak in SOLID principles and design patterns when talking about code.
How To Apply
If you're interested in this role, please email email@example.com with your CV / LinkedIn, and a quick cover letter/email/blurb on how our mission and values resonate with you would be a nice bonus.Summary
Job title: Engineering Lead
Job tags: fintech