Director of Developer Advocacy
Remote job description
This is a remote role for the European Timezones
Grafana Labs is looking for an experienced and strategic Developer Relations leader to build out our new Developer Advocacy function, reporting into Product Management. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to form a world-class technical developer advocate team and drive our global advocacy programs across Grafana Labs projects.
Community and open-source are at the heart of everything we do at Grafana Labs. You'll find a strong engineering organization passionate about building open source products to help our users and customers be successful.
We expect the leader to scale our advocacy efforts, developing programs across the organization that empowers developers through high-quality technical content and continuous community engagement.
This new Developer advocate team will be critical for the adoption of our projects and to the long term success of our company as we continue to scale and add more open source based products to our catalog.
What you'll be doing:
- Recruit, coach, and lead a growing team of Technical Developer Advocates in the observability and reliability space.
- Designing the short, medium, and long-term plan for the Developer Advocate team, including team strategy and success metrics.
- Ensuring the continual development of technical content to complement our documentation and boost the visibility and adoption of our projects.
- Identify and drive potential collaboration and partnership opportunities within the community.
- Collaborate with internal teams and leaders to establish scalable Developer Relations programs focused on building a cadence of technical advocacy activities and event participation.
- Establish programs that nurture our open source communities and empower champions to encourage contributions and participation.
What you'll bring:
- Experience as a Developer Advocate/Evangelist leader, including team scaling and people management.
- Ability to bring a new function to life in a large organization.
- Experience driving cross-functional initiatives that involve various teams and leaders to accomplish big audacious goals.
- Proven track record of building programs to drive compelling content about technology.
- Experience partnering with product teams.
- Experience building open source or developer communities.
- An interest in the Grafana stack and desire to contribute to our open source foundations.
- Comfort working autonomously and asynchronously in a distributed remote team.
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
Benefits: For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page.
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
Equal Opportunity Employer: At Grafana Labs we're building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we're working hard to make sure that's the foundation of our organisation as we grow.
Company name: Grafana Labs
Remote job title: Director of Developer Advocacy
Job tags: Open Source Software, Developer Relations, Cross-functional Team Leadership