Remote job description
Otrium is a purpose-led business - we see a future where all clothing is worn.
Every year, billions of items are produced globally but are never sold. Clothing goes unworn and often ends up in landfills. This is a huge waste of creative energy, labor, natural resources and investment. Otrium is changing fashion from the inside out: we are an online fashion outlet marketplace and we tech-enable designer brands to find an owner for every item they produce.
Our global business
Founded in Amsterdam and headquartered in the cloud, Otrium also has hubs in New York and London. As a digital-first company, we work around the globe and don't need to limit our HQ to one location or a single hub. We want to ensure our O-team can work in a way that best fits their needs, whether that's remote-first, hub-first, or hybrid (50/50).
Otrium is also committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of employees with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Here's to freedom, flexibility, and global inclusivity!
About this role
Being a DevOps Engineer at Otrium means that you'll be driving the speedy development and release of our software. Millions of visitors will see and use the core product that you've helped build, test and maintain, thereby giving them the best shopping experience possible.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will speed up and automate aspects of the processes of developing, testing and releasing software, allowing for the continuous delivery of software and software updates, whilst working closely with internal and external business stakeholders to achieve our strategic goals
You will be an advocate for continuous improvement across the different areas of the Tech and Product department and you will collaborate with your colleagues from Engineer Platform to make it happen.
You will drive initiatives from start requests till implementation, to then assess results and identify optimization opportunities.
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Ensuring Otrium's infrastructure is stable, scalable and secure.
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Continuing and enhancing the efficient allocation of resources for all the services
- Making sure that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Identifying technical problems related to our infrastructure and developing solutions to overcome those problems
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that developments and deployments are running uninterrupted by infrastructure
- Working on tech debts, presenting new ideas to improve the platform and ideate unique solutions for an ever growing platform
Experience, knowledge and skills
- Min 3 - 5 years experience as DevOps Engineer, System Engineer or Infrastructure Engineer
- DevOps experience - working on containerisation (Docker/Kubernetes), infrastructure as code (Terraform / CloudFormation), CI/CD (Jenkins/CodeFresh/GitlabCI or TravisCI etc) and automation.
- Must have Kubernetes experience
- Cloud Experience with AWS
- Good with PHP and Node.js
- Good to have the knowledge of NewRelic, Prometheus
- Good communication in English is a must
- You have the can do attitude and ability to take initiative
- You are curious: we're growing at a fast pace and we thrive on continuous improvement. You are eager to learn and expand your horizon.
- You are flexible and resilient: you are excited to see what tomorrow brings and you are able to adapt to new strategies and priorities when needed.
- You make it happen: you are constantly looking for improvement opportunities and you are able to involve the right people to make those improvements a reality.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and you are able to keep your focus on highest-value priorities. You get very proud of each feature your team delivers and you are happy to celebrate successes and learnings with them.
- You are a great communicator: you are able to listen to other teams needs, you ensure transparency and visibility on your roadmap and you value keeping stakeholders informed of progress and milestones
Every member of the O-team uses our values in their everyday working lives. They act as our internal manifesto to help us think about how we act as a collective team, and they link directly to our mission: All clothing should be worn.
- #Only together - We are a human business. We are empathetic. We are inclusive. We care about each other, our customers and partners. We know that developing innovative solutions in today's fast-pace world is complex. It takes more than one person to succeed!
- #Humble and Real - We are grateful, we are humble, we are open. We listen, we learn, we share. We're modest and always open to the possibilities and different perspectives.
- #We own it - We are passionate, high performing, we drive for output. We bring things home! We are agile and adaptable problem solvers. Prepared to fail and learn fast, we embrace and share mistakes so that we learn from them.
- Excited about what you're reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together!
- We look forward to hearing from you!
Company name: Otrium
Remote job title: DevOps Engineer
Job tags: e-commerce, fashion & luxury