Developer Relations Engineer, Platform
Remote job description
Communication has changed for people. It's changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle-across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity?
We are looking for an experienced Developer Relations Engineer in our Platform group to play a critical role in Intercom's evolving App Ecosystem. Intercom is the Engagement OS and as we move towards larger customers we continue to invest in scaling our app and integrations ecosystem and building a thriving community of developers using our platform. You will report directly to the Engineering Manager of our App Ecosystem team and you will partner with Product and Partnership Managers in shaping our roadmap and strategy in this space.
Our Developer Platform consists of a set of frameworks and highly customizable APIs. We offer robust ways of building dedicated and powerful apps for our Messenger and Inbox and we are planning to expand this surface even more in the future. We have hundreds of app and service partners that build both publicly available apps and bespoke integrations for customers. These partners and their developers will be your primary customers. We see value in the usage of apps and integrations and can attribute the business impact directly to our Platform initiatives.
What will I be doing?
As an experienced DevRel Engineer you will:
- Represent our developer community within Intercom, and Intercom in our developer community
- Engage with our partners and the developer community to unblock opportunities and accelerate time-to-market
- Publish rich and engaging content to drive adoption of Intercom's integration capabilities via partners and developers
- Work with product, design and engineering leaders in shaping our developer experience strategy
- Actively improve our Developer Documentation and partner with R&D team on improving our Developer Hub
- Communicate API updates and breaking changes to partners and developers
- Contribute towards maintaining our publicly available SDKs (such as Node, Ruby, PHP, Python) with support from R&D team
What skills do I need?
We recognise that sometimes these lists can appear as strict requirements, but that's not the case. Even if you feel you have a subset of the experience below - that's ok, we'd love to talk to you!
- 2+ years of industry experience in a software engineering role
- 2+ years of industry experience in Developer Relations Engineer / Advocate / Evangelist role
- Expert communicator with a demonstrated ability to write coherent and concise content tailored for the target audience
- Curious about integrations, with the right mix of passion for technology and customer success
- The ability to adapt and evolve in a fast moving environment; you should expect a mix of engineering, evangelism, communication and operations and be motivated by primarily being customer-centric
- Outgoing and proactive in networking and building relationships with partners, customers and industry experts
Bonus skills & attributes
- Experience authoring open-source packages or thought leadership presence (blog posts, talks) will be an advantage
- Experience in leading the Developer Relations space at a startup or within an enterprise would definitely be a plus
- We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there's something important to you that's not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If you're cycling, we've got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we're happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
Company name: Intercom
Remote job title: Developer Relations Engineer, Platform
Job tags: saas / subscription, analytics, customer support, email