Remote job description
Global migration is a 21st-century reality. Whether people are fleeing from something or racing towards better opportunity, following love or seeking new experiences, more and more are living in different environments and in new ways. We celebrate the power of people coming together. That's why we connect ambitious people abroad with their families and friends back home so they can support each other, and lead more enriched lives.
With international calling, mobile top-up service and more, we design products with the needs of modern migrants in mind.
Our ambitious team reflects our international audience. We are a diverse group of people from all over the world that come together every day-and we're looking for others driven by the same desire to create meaningful products that bridge cultural and geographic distances.
Location Stockholm, Sweden
We are now looking for a Data Engineer to help us take the infrastructure and usage of data to the next level. We are launching new products and looking to fuel our growth driven by insights from the vast amounts of data we generate. We are also looking to work on some really exciting initiatives such as building the next generation of fraud prevention and churn prediction models. You will work closely with our stakeholders from departments like finance, operations, product, and commercial.
Current stack: AWS (Kinesis, S3, Lamda), Snowflake, Airflow, Matillion, DBT, Looker, Kubernetes
- Design, build, and maintain our data pipelines empowering our business intelligence
- Build a scalable event streaming infrastructure to enable real-time analytics use cases
- Model our data in our Snowflake DWH with consideration for data quality
- Interact with business stakeholders & collaborate to build the solution that serves the business needs
- Evaluate new tools/technologies to help in transformation and upgrade of our technical architecture
Experience we seek
- Experience in data modeling and building data pipelines
- Experience with Data Ops
- Experience in ELT techniques and data warehouse modeling
- Excellent SQL skills
- Some or all technologies: DBT, Python, Airflow, AWS (or other cloud data platforms), stream processing via Kinesis/Kafka.
- Experience from a fast-paced company with digital products, marketing, and/or machine learning
- A degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience with data visualization and reporting using tools like Looker or similar
- Knowledge of DevOps and SCM tools and processes
- Experience working with Kubernetes and Docker
- 4+ Years within Data Engineering
- Experience working with ELT methodologies and data warehousing
- A great team player
- Happy trying out new techniques and technologies
We are Rebtel. People from all around the world, as of now 18 countries and more to come. We believe in equal opportunity and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Company name: Rebtel
Remote job title: Data Engineer
Job tags: saas / subscription, freemium, communications, mobile, telephony