Confluent Cloud Infrastructure Backend Fall
Remote job description
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That's the power of data in motion in action-giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we're building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We're looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent's enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow-whether you're just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you'll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Team:
We champion best security practices and provide services and frameworks to enable service owners develop services that are secure by design. We also work closely with InfoSec on taking actions for compliance and mitigating vulnerabilities in the cloud stack. Our team also:
- Develop infrastructure-as-code software that bootstraps new Confluent Cloud environments
- Design feature parity between various cloud providers
- Work with other teams to ensure a smooth and repeatable provisioning process
- Own CPD product throughout entire software development lifecycle and build its roadmap as it becomes a top-level cloud management tool
What You Will Do:
- An opportunity to work with cloud infrastructure and building scalable, reliable and highly available systems -- exposure to cloud providers such as AWS, GCP and Azure, Golang code base, Kubernetes and our internal deployment of Hashicorp vault
- Ability to improve knowledge of the software development lifecycle and design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software that will touch production and have customer facing impact
- Follow best practices for software development and participate in code reviews
- Manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
What You Bring & What Will Give You an Edge:
- Understanding of cloud is essential such as AWS/GCP/Azure; experience with Golang is a plus
- Good knowledge of data structures and algorithms and are proficient in at least one of these languages: Java/Scala, C, C++, GoSmart, humble, and empathetic
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD in Computer Science, Math, or a related technical field
- Self-motivated and able to drive projects with mentorship and project requirements
- Ability to work effectively in teams and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative, and quickly growing software development environment
- Interested in building large scale distributed systems in the cloud and are excited to make an impact
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.
Company name: confluent
Remote job title: Confluent Cloud Infrastructure Backend Fall
Job tags: open-source, big data, infrastructure