Cloud Native Software Engineer
Remote job description
Hi, we're Nexthink. We're not just the leader in the digital employee experience category, we invented the category. Our solutions combine real-time analytics, automation and employee feedback across all endpoints to help IT teams delight people at work. Our cloud-native platform pinpoints issues and solutions, automates response, and helps companies continuously improve their employees' experience, making them more productive, efficient, and happy at work. We have millions of endpoints deployed, we've surpassed $200M in ARR, and we've recently secured $180M in Series D financing for a company valuation of $1.1B, but we're just getting started.
The Data Platform plays a critical role in Nexthink's cloud-native multi-tenant products. It ingests, aggregates, and processes events from millions of endpoints every second and stores and serves these enriched data to all Nexthink services.
Join the Cloud Collector Updater team (one of the teams in the Data Platform), a small, agile group of engineers that has full ownership of the cloud microservices that are responsible for updating the Nexthink agent on millions of endpoints. You will participate in the analysis, design, implementation, and testing of new platform features, collaborate with other teams that rely on it and ensure the performance, scalability and reliability of the data platform and, ultimately, all of Nexthink's product offerings.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Nexthink, we expect you to ensure that the delivered software is of the highest quality, fulfilling both functional and non-functional requirements. You will participate in all stages of software development and collaborate with different teams.
You are highly motivated, result-driven and detail-oriented. You have a high sense of product ownership, constantly learning and enhancing your skills and understanding of computer science. You are pragmatic, open to feedback, accountable and a team player.
At Nexthink, you will:
- Design, implement, validate, deliver and maintain cloud-native microservices for a highly scalable cloud-native SaaS platform.
- Play an important role in developing the next generation of our platform and help us in our journey to become a cloud-only company.
- Participate in all stages of software development and collaborate with different teams, from ideation to final delivery.
- Advocate for improvements to product, security and performance.
- Solve technical problems that have a large scope, complexity and business impact.
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team ("technical debt"), propose and implement solutions.
- Ship complex features and improvements.
- Work with the agile, iterative/incremental mindset.
- Be open-minded to learning new technologies and programming languages when needed.
- 4+ years of experience in software development, ideally on a platform team.
- Strong experience with scalable software architecture: microservices, APIs (e.g.: REST, GraphQL, gRPC), container deployment (e.g.: Docker, Kubernetes, Istio) and messaging architectures (e.g. Kafka).
- Working experience using modern Java.
- Passion for and experience in building resilient, secure and scalable services.
- Familiarity with the following tools: Gradle, Git, Jenkins, Sonar, Jira
- Experience working in an Agile environment, excellent communication and teamwork skills.
Valued optional experience:
- Familiarity with configuration management systems like Terraform/Ansible.
- Experience with public cloud providers (e.g. AWS), especially with multi-tenant architectures.
- Working experience using the Micronaut framework.
- Working experience using the RxJava framework.
- Front-end development experience with ReactJS.
We are 900+ employees strong in 21 countries across 8 different time zones speaking 60+ languages. We are positive, we get things done, we keep growing, and we are one team, we are Nexthink. We believe actions are stronger than words when it comes to diversity, inclusion, and equity in the workplace. Nexthinkers are multinational and multilingual, and come from all walks of life. We are committed to hiring a genuinely representative workforce that can create solutions and foster innovation for the modern digital employee experience.Summary
Company name: Nexthink
Remote job title: Cloud Native Software Engineer
Job tags: business services, it management