Cloud Infrastructure Software Engineer
Remote job description
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That's the power of data in motion in action-giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we're building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We're looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent's enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow-whether you're just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you'll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About The Team
Are you an engineer who loves to make things that just work better? Do you love to look at cutting edge technologies and think about how can this run faster, be deployed quicker or fail less?
- Do you want to be part of a team that is building a PaaS enabling customers around the globe to deliver killer streaming applications?
- Do you already have an understanding of building and running distributed systems but would now love to take this to the next level?
The Confluent Cloud Platform based on Apache Kafka is the leading Cloud Native Platform as a Service for streaming data infrastructure, but this is just the beginning.
What you will do:
- Design, implement and maintain Golang infrastructure services (typically implemented as Kubernetes operators) to deliver the Confluent cloud foundations to the wider engineering organisation
- Terraform, Datadog, Prometheus and a strong command of Linux, public cloud and networking should come as standard - though Golang software engineering will be your primary focus
- You will have to bring both your engineering and operational mindset to the role
- As a Confluent Cloud Infrastructure Software Engineer, you will be working alongside the rest of the Confluent engineers to build our PaaS product
- You, and the rest of the team, will be responsible for the availability, performance, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning of the Confluent cloud
- If you love the hum of big data systems covering 10,000's of instances, thinking about how to make them run as smoothly and securely as possible, and want to have a big influence on the architecture plus operational design points of this new product, then you will fit right in
- You will need technical skills of course but more important is who you are as a person - smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and put team's / company's interests first
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software start-up environment.
What We're Looking For
- At minimum we are looking for at least 2+ years of relevant industry experience
- As you will be building and running a distributed system across public clouds you will need strong fundamentals in this area plus experience of at least one of the main public cloud providers - AWS/GCP/Azure
- In order to scale, automation is essential so you will use your existing knowledge and experience to automate large scale data systems
- You will need to deliver high quality, clean code
What Gives You An Edge
- Experience with Golang is advantageous
- Experience using Apache Kafka is a big plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
Culture is a huge part of Confluent, we're searching for the best people who not only excel at their roles, but also contribute to the health, happiness, and growth of the company. Inclusivity and openness are important traits, with regular company-wide and team events. Here are some of the personal qualities we're looking for:
Smart, humble, and empathetic
Hard-working, you get things done
- Hungry to learn in a field which is ever-evolving
- Adaptable to the myriad of challenges each day can present
- Inquisitive and not afraid to ask all the questions, no matter how basic
- Ready to roll up your sleeves and help others, getting involved in projects where you feel you can add value
- Strive for excellence in your work, your team, and the company
Come and build with us. We are one of the fastest-growing software companies in the market. A company built on the tenets of transparency, direct communication, and inclusivity. Come meet the streams dream team and have a direct impact on how we shape Confluent.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.
Company name: confluent
Remote job title: Cloud Infrastructure Software Engineer
Job tags: open-source, big data, infrastructure