Business Central / Dynamics NAV Developer
Remote job description
REMOTE POSITION - United States
About DC International
DC International is a vertically integrated ecommerce company and home to two fast-growing direct-to consumer brands: Coverstore and Leatherology. With our headquarters in Carrollton, Texas and a wholly owned manufacturing facility in Asia, DC International is uniquely positioned to create a great customer experience from start to finish. Since 2005, our mission has been simple: to bring customers products that matter. We do this by marrying timeless design, innovative technology and an unwavering commitment to quality. Over the last 15+ years, we have grown from a small family business into one of the industry's leaders in product excellence and superior service. Despite our success, we never forget our humble beginnings and the customer-first values upon which we were founded.
About Coverstore: At Coverstore, our mission is to protect what you love. We are passionate about creating the highest quality cover, storage and organization solutions for your every day. Long recognized as a market-leader, we never settle for less and are keenly focused on the details that set us apart from the rest. We continue to invest in innovative products and services, like made-to-order custom covers, that will help our customers protect their most cherished belongings for years to come.
About Leatherology: Founded in 2008, Leatherology's mission is to elevate the everyday. We passionately believe that great design and quality can be accessibly priced, and we work hard to create beautiful products using the finest materials. We also believe that the best gifts in life are timeless and personal. That is why you won't typically see our logo on the front of our products. Our goal is to let our customers personalize everything and make it one of a kind, whether for yourself or a loved one.
The Business Central / Dynamics NAV Developer will be an important member of our IT team within DC International. We are looking for a passionate developer who is versatile and inquisitive, with the ability to provide best practice coding in our small tight Dev Operations team. Besides having the necessary technical skills for the job, the ideal candidate will also:
- Be self-motivated, driven, and ready to learn
- Provide first release accuracy
- Be flexible when the unexpected happens or if the team needs to pivot direction
- Pay attention to user feedback, provide timely responses, and accept direction well
- Be a team player that people like working with
- Be intellectually curious and always wanting to learn more
The primary role of this developer is to provide Business Central (Dynamics NAV) knowledge, development, and expertise. It requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining high programing standards and documentation. The developer will work within an extremely technical development team while providing mentoring for Jr. development staff. The position requires working directly with departmental leaders, teams, and co-workers to enhance the environment and continual improve our business processes.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop customized solutions within Business Central (Dynamics NAV) extensions using AL development
- Solid understanding on the Microsoft stack, Azure Application insights, and DevOps
- Configure and code workflow process using internal Microsoft stack tools to enhance systems
- Create, maintain and document Microsoft flow, power automation, and workflow processes
- Knowledge working with Business Central web services and data integrations
- High degree of knowledge in configure vs code enhancements
- Ability to think outside norms to produce exceptional solution
- Manage, retain and ensure best practice code management
Reporting / Analytics
- Business Central understanding of the "out of box" reporting and embedded PowerBi
- Understanding of data warehouse, data mart, data extraction, and data cube creation
- Understand PowerBI tools, reporting and dashboard creation
Training / Administration
- Ability to teach, train and develop developers within the team
- Provide hands on Business Central knowledge within the company
- Ensure systems uptime and seem-less processing
- Proactively maintain, plan, test, and rollout SaaS updates
- Expert knowledge of established software development methodologies, including experience working with iterative methodologies (Agile, SCRUM, Kanban)
- 3+ Years' Experience Dynamics NAV C/AL, AL (2013 higher, preferably BC SaaS)
- Experience working three tier infrastructures
- Solid knowledge of Dynamics (Web Services) integrations
- Solid understanding of development within Desktop and Mobile environments
- Ability to work under due dates, timelines, and numerous Jira tickets.
- Perform regular architecture, application design and code reviews on projects
- Ability to articulate complex technical ideas and issues effectively
- Work with all levels within the company including executive leadership
- Lead multiple software development initiatives at any given time, serving as an expert for the escalation of complex application design and development issues.
- Experience with D365 CRM internal flow, Microsoft Flow and Power Automations
- Working knowledge of Dynamics CDS and D365 integrations
- Development within the D365 products
- Previous experience with warehouse systems and handheld devices
This job routinely uses standard office equipment. This job requires the employee to view a computer screen and, at times, for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work. The employee must be able to regularly speak English clearly so listeners can understand. Must be able to listen and understand the speech of another person.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to operate a computer and keyboard.
No direct reports.
DC International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.Summary
Company name: DC International
Remote job title: Business Central / Dynamics NAV Developer, Remote at DC International (Dallas, TX) (allows remote)
Job tags: central, power bi, dynamics, nav