Backend Engineer EMEA
camunda Services GmbH
Remote job description
At Camunda, we have a simple goal: automate any processes, anywhere. All the way from Zalando's online shop to NASA's space missions, processes are everywhere, and at Camunda we have made it our mission to enable organizations to design, automate and improve these processes — no matter where they are and what they entail.
Camunda is an open-source software company innovating process automation with a developer-friendly approach that is standards-based, highly scalable, and collaborative for business and IT. A community of tens of thousands of users across companies such as Vodafone, ING, Allianz, Lufthansa, and Atlassian design, automate and improve mission-critical business processes end-to-end with Camunda.
Camunda has been repeatedly recognized by Deloitte as a high-growth company and has a presence in Germany, the United States, UK, Singapore, and Australia.
Do you strive towards writing clean and maintainable code? Do you value collaboration, feedback, and taking on challenging tasks? Then come and work with us as a Backend Engineer in the Camunda Optimize team, who is responsible for driving the business process monitoring and intelligence functionalities within the Camunda Stack.
At the Camunda Optimize Team:
We build the End-to-End Process Automation Monitoring and Business Intelligence component of the Camunda Stack
We make heavy use of Elasticsearch functionality to squeeze useful insights such as anomalies and outliers out of the process data and give our customers deeper insights into their business operations
We not just perform continuous integration but also care about automated performance testing as well as on how to operate our component in cloud environments such as Camunda Cloud
We don't estimate - it's done when it's done! We rather commit to an ambitious set of Objectives and Key Results the team feels comfortable with and make progress according to an agreed priority
What you'll do:
- Extend and improve our End-to-End Process Automation Monitoring and Business Intelligence component Camunda Optimize
- Help to develop the next set of features to automatically suggest process improvements to customers
- Design and implement new user-facing features based on customer and community feedback
- Help us continue improving the reliability, stability, and security of our project
- Continuously share your knowledge with your teammates
- Support customers and the community to use and interact with our project
What you'll bring along:
- You have 4 or more years of experience as a Java Engineer
- You are passionate about writing clean and maintainable Java code
- You do not just care about development but also care about how to deploy and operate software
- You are curious and always willing to broaden your horizon
- You think about the problem and ask the right questions before you start coding
- Strong analytical problem-solving and root-causing skills with attention to detail and consistency
- You value simplicity over complexity
- Bonus: You worked before with Docker, Elasticsearch, Kubernetes
What we have to offer:
- A high growth software company with 4.8 Glassdoor rating and a >90% CEO approval
- A team of wonderful and highly qualified colleagues working in a friendly and agile environment
- Flexible working conditions and ability to work remotely
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and time off
- Freedom of choice for your technical equipment, e.g. Mac or Linux or Windows
- Free German and English classes
"Everyone is welcome at Camunda" — it's a celebrated component of our culture. We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our people. At Camunda, we honour diverse cultures and backgrounds and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under applicable law. We are looking forward to your application!"
Did we pique your interest? Apply now and learn more. For a complete list of jobs at Camunda, please check out: https://camunda.com/career/.
Company: camunda Services GmbH
Job title: Backend Engineer (Optimize) - EMEA at camunda Services GmbH (Berlin, Germany) (allows remote)
Job tags: elasticsearch, java, automation, spring boot