Backend Engineer Data & Machine Learning Platform
Remote job description
Who We Are
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
About the Role:
As a Platform Engineer on the Data / ML Platform team, you will be responsible for the developing and maintaining the state of the art Machine Learning Platform at Motive that will be used by various teams to train and deploy their models in a cost effective manner. The Machine Learning Platform is central to a lot of internal and external products and features being developed at Motive. This is a growing team and offers opportunities to grow and lead for the right candidate. The right candidate would be self driven, eager to learn and motivated to deliver to see their work power products that directly impact the experience of the end user.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers and data scientists to understand their needs
- Compile and analyze ML Platform requirements to engineer features and systems
- Design and automate model development workflows from training to deployment
- Develop monitoring and observability tools to understand the performance of various workloads
- Develop and enhance the data pipeline service offering at scale
What We're Looking For:
- 3+ years of relevant experience building Data and ML platforms
- Proficient in at least one of the following: Python, Go, Java, Ruby
- Experience with big data and streaming technologies like Spark, S3, Kafka, Snowflake
- Experience building REST APIs and/or with gRPC
- Experience with serialization formats like Protobuf, Avro, Parquet
- Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
- The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology
Company name: Motive
Remote job title: Backend Engineer Data & Machine Learning Platform
Job tags: license fees, business services, mobility