Remote job description
Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there's a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. This role is completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
Ads Measurement engineering is responsible for building out the identity and attribution solutions that advertisers use to understand the impact of their ad spend. We build and scale the data pipelines, services, APIs, and libraries that advertisers use to send us conversions data from Reddit users. We also build measurement products that help advertisers see the value of the Reddit Ads platform. We are a product-driven team with a focus in the following areas:
- Identity Resolution - Building and optimizing a scalable platform for bridging users across devices and platforms to gain a better understanding of user activity on Reddit
- Attribution Solutions - Help advertisers understand the value of our ads by linking conversion events to Reddit Ads
- Developer Experience - Driving adoption of our libraries and APIs by crafting delightful developer experiences for advertisers
- Privacy-Centric Measurement - Adopt new privacy-centric standards and APIs as well as leverage probabilistic attribution solutions to build the next generation of measurement tools
- Implementing backend services and data processing pipelines to accurately measure and report on the conversion performance of ads.
- Developing data pipelines: You will work on extracting, transforming, and loading data from various sources, including ad servers, databases, and other systems, in order to make it available for analysis and reporting
- Building and maintaining APIs: You will be responsible for designing and implementing APIs that allow other teams to access data and functionality from the ads measurement platform.
- Ensuring the reliability, scalability, and performance of the backend systems by writing automated tests, monitoring performance, and implementing best practices for data management
- Participating in code reviews: You will review code written by other team members and provide feedback to ensure that it meets the team's standards for quality and performance.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- 2+ years of industry experience as a Software Engineer developing production code
- Experience with at least one general programming language such as Go or Scala
- Preferred Experience in one or more of the following areas: Message Queuing Services (Kafka, Amazon Simple Queue Service), Data Processing Frameworks (Apache Spark, Apache Flink), Key Value Stores (Redis, DynamoDB), Container Orchestration (Kubernetes, Mesos)
- Familiarity with algorithms and data structures, and the ability to apply them to solve complex problems.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to work effectively with product managers, data scientists, and other stakeholders
- A willingness to learn and stay up-to-date with new technologies and best practices in the field.
- Experience with Go, Scala, Spark, Kafka, Airflow, Kubernetes
- Experience with Ads
- Experience building scalable data-driven systems
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- 401k Matching
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- Personal & Professional development funds
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Reddit Global Days Off
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
This job posting may span more than one career level.
In addition to base salary, this job is eligible to receive equity in the form of restricted stock units, and depending on the position offered, it may also be eligible to receive a commission. Additionally, Reddit offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, and parental leave. To learn more, please visit https://www.redditinc.com/careers/.
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base pay ranges for all US-based job postings regardless of state. We set standard base pay ranges for all roles based on function, level, and country location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including, skills, depth of work experience and relevant licenses/credentials, and may vary from the amounts listed below.
The base pay range for this position is: $157,400 - $236,100.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
Company name: reddit
Remote job title: Backend Engineer, Ads Measurement
Job tags: Scala, Kafka, Mesos
location or timezone
yearly salary range$157,400 - 236,100
posted51 days ago