Remote job description
Epignosis is a leading learning technology vendor with a portfolio of products including TalentLMS, eFront and TalentCards. With over 8,000 customers around the world, 11 million users, and 70,000 learning portals, were outpacing incumbents and quickly becoming a loved brand in the eLearning market.
As a member of our development team, you'll work on an advanced PHP codebase, helping us further expand our industry-leading eLearning platforms and build new innovative online training solutions.
What have we been working on recently?
- The creation of a new, robust RESTful API, based on the latest technologies and best practices. GraphQL proponents lost the battle. For now.
- A new application (client) responsible for the entire view layer (web pages), based on ReactJS and utilizing our custom Design System and components.
- Improving our integration and deployment pipeline to automate all the things.
- Integrating with various popular 3rd-party applications, such as Salesforce, Microsoft Teams, Zoom.us.
- Protecting our services against DDoS attacks in an automated and controlled way, using a combination of AWS tools and in-house solutions developed by our DevOps team.
- Becoming one of the first companies to join the EU Cloud Code of Conduct.
Whats it like working for us?
- We focus on great culture. We want to end our work happy and start the next day happier. Mind you, this is harder than it sounds, but we try our best to not create problems other than technical ones, listen to our peoples needs, and sometimes just take a break if we must.
- We have several teams working on different products or areas of focus, with a size of 3 to 10 people, utilizing a healthy mix of experienced and junior devs.
- Our teams are mostly self-organizing, but most of them are using Scrum and are being led by a senior engineer. Our company is ISO 27001 & 9001 certified, so we have structure and processes, but without being bureaucratic.
- Our developers contribute code on a daily basis, which undergoes code reviews by peer programmers and then tested by the QA team.
- A typical day at work can involve many things: working on a new feature the Product Manager has specified, investigating a new technology that is of interest to our customers, or fixing a problem reported by our QA team or customers.
- Software Engineering: You will be trusted to design, implement, and maintain projects and to collaborate with our designers, front-end devs, reclusive sysadmins, and friendly support staff at every step of the process.
- Craftsmanship: You should be familiar with modern software development processes, best practices, and fads to avoid and be able to apply this knowledge to create efficient, robust, and maintainable applications and services.
- Refactoring: You will use your programming savvy to help us transform legacy code and services into modern, best-practices-following, API-based applications, and help us apply modern architectures and processes.
- Collaborate: You will take part in discussions about architecture, implementation, processes, and decisions. You will work closely with your colleagues to apply the results of these discussions.
- Requirements Gathering: You will be expected to understand the business aspects of the applications you work on and help translate user requirements to technical specifications.
- Highly Competitive salary
- Private Health insurance plan
- Meal allowance
- igh-end equipment for each developer. Our typical setup is a MacBook Pro, with a Dell external monitor. We also offer PHPStorm licenses for our backend developers
- Ongoing training for further professional development: Access to technical books and resources, paid participation in workshops and conferences, internal mentorship, and training programs
- Courses for personal development: Language and group exercise classes
- Ample Career opportunities: We grow fast and new opportunities come up all the time
- Work in Athens, Crete, Cyprus, or remotely (if you can stand missing our awesome office space in central Athens)
- Work/life balance we go big AND we go home.
Make an impact in the way thousands of people are trained worldwide - apply nowSummary
Backend Engineer (PHP) at Epignosis (Athens, Greece) (allows remote)