Remote job description
In the digital age, content rules.
Why your role is important at Strapi
As a product-driven company developing open-source software, we are looking for a strong and open-minded backend engineer to join the core team. Someone who can take a step back, see the whole picture of architecture. Values such as humility, transparency, and being eager to learn are deeply required to enjoy this role.
We are building software used by thousands of developers and users around the world. Every choice made by the core team impacts tens of thousands of businesses and developers. Our active community of contributors is very involved in helping us build a great product and acts as mentors to help us become better developers.
As an engineer developing a tool for developers you will be involved in the design and product process to find the best solution for our users. Your main focus will be to improve our product and help us drive our roadmap forward. You will contribute to every aspect of the development lifecycle from technical design to implementation and maintenance, always keeping our users in mind. We do a lot of code reviews, pair-programming sessions, and workshops to learn from each other.
To get some examples of our future features, check out our public roadmap.
Contribute to define new core designs (internal APIs, framework architecture...). Develop and release new features to the users. Find solutions to solve users' issues. Review and help the community contributors. Make Strapi more stable and robust by writing effective code and testing it. Collaborate with Front-end Developers and Product Managers in all phases of product development.
- Requirement: Within +/- 6 hours from Paris' timezone.
- Requirement: Fluent English.
- Requirement: 5+ years of experience in back-end development.
- Strong experience with REST and testing tools.
- Good knowledge of software design principles.
- In-depth understanding and experience of relational databases.
- Good knowledge of traditional and headless CMS ecosystem.
- Team player and focused on user success.
- Open-source enthusiastic.
- Bonus: Experience with GraphQL.
- Bonus: You love Design Patterns and UML.
- Bonus: Professional experience with a CMS (Built applications/websites using a well-known CMS).
- Bonus: Knowledge of non-relational databases.
Note: you don't need to check all the boxes to apply
Our Talent Acquisition process:
- First interview with Danielle (Talent acquisition manager) - 30 minutes
- Technical assignment - to be done over 1 week
- Debrief with the engineering team - 60-90 minutes
- Team meetings with 2 duos of teammates - 30 minutes x 2
- Founder meeting - 30 minutes
- Values assessment - 60 minutes
- Reference check
This process typically takes around 3 weeks.
At any moment, the process can stop, and the team will be happy to give you a call to share their feedback or get into more details if you want.
It is important to us to create an accessible and inclusive candidate experience. Please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make to assist you during the hiring and interview process.
Strapi benefits mindset:
- Work from anywhere: we're a remote-first company, so we can work wherever home is. And WiFi.
- Expanded health benefits: Including premium medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Equity for everyone: we win together. On top of a competitive salary, every Strapier has equity that grows with you in the company.
- Parents on a mission: 16 weeks fully paid parental leave for every new Strapi parent.
- You'll always be up to date: we'll cover all hardware and software needed so you're always with the latest versions.
- Grow as you are: from day one, we provide budget and tools to learn and grow both professionally and personally.
- Bi-annual off sites: we gather physically (when possible) or virtually all together for a week twice a year.
- Mental health support: we offer unlimited Moka.care one-on-one sessions with certified specialists
Celebrating You being YOU!
Strapi's mission is to empower the worldwide community of users to build a million tailor-made projects. To do that, we are growing a diverse team representative of the users we serve. We are committed to building a safe workplace where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves. By being you and bringing your unique difference, perspective, culture, experience, lifestyle, and challenge, you actually help all of us succeed and grow to be the best version of ourselves!
Want to learn more about us? Take a look at our open positions at our Careers Website | Join our community and read our latest news at Strapi's blog!Summary
Company name: Strapi
Remote job title: Back-end Developer
Job tags: Software, CMS, Headless CMS