VP, Solutions Engineering
Remote job description
As the Vice President of Solutions Engineering for Grafana Labs, you will be responsible for all aspects of building and managing a global team of high-performing Solution Engineers, the technical counterparts to our sales teams. More specifically, you will be asked to: Be a cultural flag carrier for the organization and embody what strong partnership and collaboration looks like across AE and SE roles, as well with other teams and functions. In close partnership with sales, grow the SE organization to 150+ and ensure we are prepared to scale the SE org alongside the introduction and growth of multiple products, industries, segments, and GTM motions. Evolve repeatable processes, playbooks, job architectures, enablement, and other programs needed to achieve this scale and increase win rates. Be a thought leader - internally and externally - and scale thought leadership across the team and the organization. Translate thought leadership into action with sales and customer experience to ensure that feedback from the field is making its way into the product and GTM strategy. This role reports to the VP of Global Sales and can be based anywhere in North America.
- Culture carrier who values the team over the individual and values; getting to the right answer is more important than being right
- Defaults to teamwork and collaboration; strong cross-functional relationship builder
- Sensitivity and appreciation for open source and the bottom up motion
- Willing, excited, and able to engage with customers strategically
- Flexible, but not afraid of a healthy debate -- brings a strong point of view, but open to considering alternatives
- Experience of scaling from $100m ARR to $350m ARR+
- Experience scaling teams to over 100 employees
- Proven success working in a fast-paced, high growth startup environment
- Experience working in open source, developer-centric GTM motions, or monitoring observability
- Extensive experience with complex, enterprise sales
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
Benefits: For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page.
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
Equal Opportunity Employer: At Grafana Labs we're building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we're working hard to make sure that's the foundation of our organisation as we grow.
Company name: Grafana Labs
Remote job title: VP, Solutions Engineering
Job tags: Marketing Strategy, Enterprise Sales, Open Source Software