Technical Account Manager, Strategic
Remote job description
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT - payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more - in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees' payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps - like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365 - all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $700M from the world's top investors - including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, and Bedrock - and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500).
About The Role
Rippling is looking for a customer-obsessed Technical Account Manager (TAM) to join our rapidly scaling Strategic TAM team. As part of our dedicated Account Management organization, you will work closely with our rapidly scaling and maturing customers to understand their needs, demonstrate where Rippling can solve their problems, and help drive their adoption of Rippling's product suite. You will own key admin relationships, be responsible for turning customers into long-term champions, developing account strategy, and enabling Rippling's Strategic customers, all while providing an impeccable customer experience along the way. If you are a self-starter, find yourself constantly taking on new challenges, working diligently until you find solutions, and pride yourself in providing an excellent customer experience, you're in the right place!The Technical Account Management team manages long-term relationships with Rippling's growing and complex customers by becoming their trusted Rippling advisor. Our team of 30+ TAMs - spread across more than 15 states in the US - partners cross-functionally from account management to product to engineering and more. Since the TAM team's inception, we have partnered with hundreds of customers ensuring their adoption of key Rippling products and success on our platform.
What You Will Do
- Build long-lasting relationships by owning a book of business, building relationships with your key stakeholders, and building advocates by providing an above-and-beyond customer experience
- Offering white glove guidance through key customer milestones such as open enrollment, end of year payroll filing, and company wide re-orgs
- Increase adoption by driving customer adoption of key features, new product releases, and best practices
- Triage critical customer issues to resolution
- Ensure customers feel well supported with your sense of urgency and advocacy for their questions, issues, and escalations
- Work directly with customers to understand their HR, payroll, benefits administration, and IT workflows
- Master the Rippling product suite
- Work cross functionally with internal Rippling partners in support, product, and engineering
- Identify and qualify add-on opportunities and support renewal negotiations in partnership with your Account Manager counterparts
- 3+ years of work experience at a SaaS company in a customer-facing role
- Excellent at time management, prioritizing tasks, and adapting on a day-to-day basis
- Proven experience as an account manager with a book of business
- Track record of building strong customer relationships
- Ownership mindset on a fast-paced, growing team
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for enabling both customers and internal teams
- Interest in actively working with product and engineering teams
- Bonus points for experience with payroll, health insurance, HRIS, or IT
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.A variety of factors are considered when determining someone's compensation - including a candidate's professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.
The pay range for this role is:100,000 - 132,000 USD per year(Tier 1)90,000 - 119,000 USD per year(Tier 2)85,000 - 113,000 USD per year(Tier 3)
Company name: Rippling
Remote job title: Technical Account Manager, Strategic
Job tags: Human Resources, Onboarding, Strategic Partnerships