Sales Development Representative
Remote job description
About the Role:
If you love to sell, love to win, and want to be a part of revolutionizing the way people pay their bills, then we need your help.
As Sales Development Representative (SDR) at Papaya, you will drive revenue by generating top of funnel sales opportunities. Success in this role means prospecting, building relationships with new partners, and generating demos in a team-focused environment. Experienced managers will support you in reaching your monthly sales goals.
Teamwork, flexibility, communication, and a willingness to learn are of the highest importance. Papaya believes that diversity helps build an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued. If you agree, we'd love to hear from you!
What you would be doing:
- Qualify business leads through cold calls, email, and internet research
- Creatively prospect by listening and learning about the business' needs
- Assist in onboarding new partners through web demos and phone calls
- Craft creative and engaging messages that generate conversations with promising leads
- Work closely with the Director of Sales to impact the bottom line and strategically create win-win solutions
We'd like to hear from candidates with:
- Drive. You are not afraid of cold calling and are excited to drive meaningful conversations with prospective customers.
- 3 + Years of Sales Experience. You've executed strategic prospecting - you know how to find the right people and get them interested.
- Strong Communication. Excellent communication, both written and verbal, come naturally to you.
- Curiosity. You have a track record of experimenting, receiving feedback, and learning new things.
- A Bias for Action. You're results-oriented and don't give up easily. You want to grow your sales career at a mission-driven company.
A high standard of integrity and a strong work ethic, paired with effective prioritization and organizational skills are also needed. We'd be especially excited if you have experience in cold-calling and cold-emailing. If you have prior knowledge of Salesforce or any other CRM, don't forget to mention it.
Papaya is a modern fintech platform that simplifies bill payments for American families. Using computer vision and automation, our app makes paying your bills as simple as taking a picture.
We started in 2016 with the mission to alleviate the frustration of paying bills. We are building technology to help address American families' number one source of stress, finances, while also helping billers of all sizes and from all industries get paid faster and more often.
At Papaya, we love to celebrate our incredible group of hardworking employees - and it shows. We're proud to say that we were voted one of Built In LA's Best Small Companies to Work for in 2020, 2021, and 2022! We are proud to have 4.8 stars and over 100k reviews on the App Store, and are backed by investors that include Sequoia Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, and First Round Capital.
In order to provide greater transparency, we have included base pay ranges for all of our US-based job postings. Our pay ranges are based on the role's level and responsibilities, and benchmarked against similar stage growth companies in the fintech industry. We utilize multiple factors including skills and work experience to determine the final offer amount given to each candidate.The base pay range for this position is: $55,000 - $65,000/year, plus commission with a target of $100,000-$110,000.
Company name: Papaya Pay
Remote job title: Sales Development Representative
Job tags: Sales Development, crm, App Store