Mid Enterprise, Account Executive
Remote job description
At Expel, we believe if we take care of our employees, they will take care of our customers, and the rest will work itself out. It's as simple as that. We have built a phenomenal place to work where the culture is truly transparent, people love what they do, and work gets appreciated. Now, we're focused on scaling a sales culture that continues to be transparent and customer focused. A place where our customers rave about their sales team. Where they speak of trust, openness, respect and integrity. We want our customers to not only love our product but feel good about how they get treated during every interaction with us.
And this is where you come in. You ask questions to understand problems and you enjoy being a true partner to solve them. You're a thoughtful sherpa, a calm voice in the night on a rocky trail, working with your customer to stay away from the steep drops. Your customers walk with you because they know you only sell products you believe in, products you stand behind, aspirin for the headache they actually have. We know that no matter how good a product is, someone has to guide the sales process - and you excel at this.
Information Security is a tangled, messy market with confusing, overlapping messages and frequently unclear value propositions. "Market-leading, best-of-breed, next-gen Threat-tron 9000 with a live pew-pew map finds the badness, omg be afraid!" That's all fear-selling nonsense, and that is not how you do business.
Did you nod your head a few times while reading this? If so, we'd love to hear from you. You're our kind of seller!
What Expel can do for you
- We provide an opportunity to solve real business security problems with a Sales Done Right attitude
- We connect you with cloud first companies who truly want to get better at information security and are eager to share their points of view.
- We offer you people and a company who want to deliver an outstanding solution, and to reach the right customers we need to be extraordinary at sales. We're all in it together.
- We'll give you experience in a startup environment with a team who truly cares about doing meaningful work.
- We provide a simple compensation plan that pays you well for closing deals and includes strong accelerators when you overachieve.
What you can do for Expel
- Understand what Expel does and approach how it maps to your customers' business problems with a consultative approach.
- Introduce Expel to the customers who believe in you and tell them what we do. Find where we fit from a cloud perspective and bring them onboard, so we can help them together.
- Understand your monthly and quarterly metrics and keep pace with delivering against those metrics consistently.
- A strong focus on pipeline creation and effective pipe creation activities.
- Talk to new prospective customers. Begin to build your personal relationship with them as you tell them about Expel.
- Qualify prospects based on their interest level in Expel's cloud solutions and their ability to purchase by virtue of the buyer's budget, authority, need, and timeline.
- Tell us what you learn as you explore the market. Help us understand where Expel fits, what we are missing, and how can we be better
What you should bring with you
- A real passion for Sales Done Right - meaning consultative, customer-focused and based in transparency, honesty and integrity.
- An understanding of information security -- technologies, products and services; specifically cloud first security minded organizations.
- Experience working in a fast-growing,"scale up" environment.
- Comfortable working remotely, and asynchronously (you will be based out of your home office and will need strong prioritization/time management habits)
- Lots of creativity, passion and problem solving towards helping customers.
- An ability to talk to both business and technical buyers about what you're selling
- A Bachelor's degree or a compelling story.
- 3+ years of professional sales experience (in a closing role), information security sales experience is a plus.
The targeted compensation range for this role is between: $200,000 USD and $220,000 USD OTE + equity. (Additional Sr. roles available).
We believe in paying transparently and equitably. Your salary will ultimately be based on factors such as your experience, skills, team equity, and market data. You'll also be eligible for unlimited PTO (which we model and encourage), work location flexibility, up to 24 weeks of parental leave, and really excellent health benefits.
At Expel, we ask our crew to provide their COVID-19 vaccination status because it's helpful to understand this data at a company level and we expect that customers, partners, and conferences will start asking us to attest to the vaccination status of our people.
We're only hiring those authorized to work in the United States. We do not currently sponsor immigration visas.
We're an Equal Opportunity Employer: You'll receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let us know if you need accommodation of any kind.
Company name: Expel
Remote job title: Mid Enterprise, Account Executive