Manager, Sales Development
Remote job description
We are looking for an impact-driven leader to manage and grow our AMER Commercial Sales Development team and to help us increase and improve the usage of our products in small and mid-sized organizations across the Americas. Our users' success is core to why this team exists and how we operate. As leader of this group, you will be an important contributor to our Americas leadership team, driving recruiting, pipeline generation strategy, and proactive coaching and development for our SDRs.
The Sales Development Manager holds ultimate responsibility for the team's pipeline success and team culture. As such, this leader should be experienced in partnering effectively with cross-functional leaders across the GTM organization, from Sales and Marketing to Operations and Enablement. Our aim is to ensure that each SDR has a clear, well-lit path to be successful in the SDR role while developing the skills needed to become our future leaders in other departments. You must be passionate about this.
We need someone who is confident and decisive but also humble, empathetic and open-minded. While we've had strong growth in the Commercial segment, there is a massive opportunity to do and innovate more. There are problems to solve and building to be done. We need someone who enjoys a fast-paced environment but who prioritizes intentionality and quality, and who can balance thinking strategically while also developing and executing on the tactics.
What you'll be doing:
- This is a first-line management role, where you'll develop and mentor a team of SDRs, including responsibility for performance management, recruitment, and training.
- While you'll be managing SDRs, you will also be the head of our Commercial SDR Team and need to think and act beyond the success of your team's own KPIs to the overall sustainable success of the business.
- Help execute on the strategy to ensure the success of our open source users and pipeline generation, with a primary focus on our Cloud products.
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Sales, Self-Serve, Operations, Enablement, and Recruiting.
- Take an analytical and data-driven approach to your business with strong instincts and decisiveness to influence change and drive improved productivity.
- Drive an inclusive, collaborative environment, where your team members feel empowered to engage and speak up and where there is constant learning and growth.
What we look for:
- 2+ years of first-line management and/or experience in sales, sales development, operations, or enablement.
- Managed and led teams across the Americas and across segments of the business or closed business as an individual contributor; experience working with Cloud products and with a product-led motion are important.
- Consistent track record of leading teams to exceed monthly and quarterly targets; and reflection on and learning from when you've (occasionally) missed.
- Growth mindset, leading by example & proactively bringing solutions to challenges you identify, backed by data.
- Strong Salesforce skills.
- Ability to operate in an entrepreneurial, fully remote environment.
- Be located in the US or Canada.
- Fluency in Portuguese and/or Spanish is a plus. Remember, this role covers the Americas.
In the United States, the OTE compensation range for this role is $115,500 - $144,500. Actual compensation may vary based on level, experience, and skillset as assessed in the interview process. Benefits include equity, bonus (if applicable), and other benefits listed on our careers page.
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
Benefits: For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page.
Equal Opportunity Employer: At Grafana Labs we're building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we're working hard to make sure that's the foundation of our organisation as we grow.
Company name: Grafana Labs
Remote job title: Manager, Sales Development
Job tags: Salesforce, Sales Operations, Team Leadership