Business Development Representative
Remote job description
At Chainguard, we are on a mission to secure the software supply chain by default. We are choosing to do this the right way, which is the hard way. Some have even called us "the Justice League of security." Our team is founded by the industry's leading experts on open source software, security and cloud native development and is backed by Sequoia, Amplify Partners, the Chainsmokers and more. Chainguard's product portfolio includes Chainguard Enforce, Chainguard Images and Professional Services. Customers range from Fortune 500 companies in banking, fintech, government and infrastructure to startups and SMBs. Join us as we help organizations secure their software supply chain from source to production.
We live and breathe our company values:
We are customer obsessed - Our true advantage is the strength of our relationships with customers through collaboration, empathy, and responsiveness. We establish trust as we educate, advocate, and listen to their needs. Our focus is on delivering solutions to our customers that create value and make their lives better.
We have a bias for intentional action - We're a start-up and we need to move fast. However we need to move fast through intentional action to make sure we're able to deliver quickly and efficiently on what is most impactful to our collective success. We prioritize, plan, try things, and fail fast. We think about how what we do impacts other teams and communicate our progress - owning the whole solution from start to finish. If we move fast enough, we can make two or three mistakes, learn, and correct them before competitors even make their first decision.
We don't take ourselves too seriously (but we do serious work) - Though we are solving an important problem which takes focus and a degree of seriousness, we don't take ourselves too seriously while we do. We laugh, have fun, embrace uniqueness, and enjoy the journey. Together.
We trust each other and assume good intentions - We hire great team members and trust them to do their work. We're transparent with data, news, and decisions - positive or negative - to empower team members to make well informed decisions. Showing up for each other fully means we celebrate each other's accomplishments as well as give compassionate direct feedback when needed. We always default to assuming good intentions.
The role, in a nutshell:
We are seeking a highly motivated, energetic, and results-driven Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in cybersecurity and a proven track record of success in sales or lead generation roles. As a BDR at Chainguard, you will be responsible for prospecting, qualifying leads, and setting appointments for the sales team to help drive revenue growth.
What you'll do:
- Prospect and identify potential clients in the security sales market using various lead generation techniques, such as cold calling, emailing, social media outreach, and attending industry events.
- Conduct thorough research on prospects to identify their specific security needs, pain points, and decision-makers.
- Generate a consistent pipeline of high-quality leads by meeting or exceeding weekly and monthly targets.
- Qualify leads by understanding their business requirements and matching them with our security solutions and services.
- Schedule meetings and product demos for the sales team with qualified prospects.
- Collaborate with the sales team to develop and implement targeted sales strategies for specific industries, regions, or clients.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of prospects, leads, and customer interactions in the CRM system.
- Stay current on industry trends, competitor offerings, and emerging security technologies to better position our solutions to prospects.
- Attend sales training sessions and participate in team meetings to continuously improve sales skills and product knowledge.
- Provide feedback to marketing and product teams based on prospect and customer interactions to help refine messaging and improve product offerings.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or a related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in sales, lead generation, or business development, preferably within the cloudnative, cybersecurity or devops industry.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport and relationships with prospects and clients.
- Proficiency in using CRM systems, preferably Copper CRM or Salesforce, and other sales enablement tools.
- Excellent research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, and able to work independently in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed sales targets and KPIs.
- Familiarity with cybersecurity concepts, products, and services is a strong plus.
A few of the benefits we offer:
- Equity/stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote work with flexible coworking and team meetup opportunities
- Home office and internet stipend
- 100% health/dental/vision insurance coverage for you and your family
If your experience is close but doesn't fulfill all requirements, please apply. Chainguard is on a mission to build the best team. To achieve our goal, we are focused on hiring "Guardians'' with unique backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences.
Chainguard is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Company name: Chainguard
Remote job title: Business Development Representative
Job tags: Salesforce, crm, DevOps