Remote job description
A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn't come with a manual. That's why we're building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes - knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $600B+ industry - we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We're seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we'll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 75 million projects started on Thumbtack
- 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 9 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Sales Team
We are a rapidly growing sales organization, currently looking for highly motivated individuals who want to be a part of scaling our sales org. We are a culture that prides itself on diversity and inclusion.
About the Role
Account Executives will directly impact the overall growth of the company by finding new customers, by surfacing learnings from sales conversations, by testing new data sources and sales processes, by improving the quality & quantity of pros on Thumbtack and by driving revenue for the company.
- Responsible for driving revenue by obtaining quota by creating and managing your pipeline
- Maintain accurate and current notes and records for all accounts in Salesforce
- Achieving 100% of your assigned quota while creating and cultivating a future sales pipeline
- Help key stakeholders gain insight around their market, customers, and competitors which will allow them to make quicker and better data-driven decisions
- Become an expert in the Thumbtack product and clearly articulate why every business professional needs the product as part of their business plan
What you'll need
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- You understand that your highest priority is closing sales & driving revenue; history of carrying a quota
- Have a collaborative attitude to share techniques and success with the team
- Experience in high call volume sales
- Must have 2+ years of sales experience
- Prospecting and Pipeline Management experience
Bonus points if you have
- Marketing or advertising sales experience
- Salesforce experience
- Google Suite experience
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines.* Learn more about our virtual-first working model here. #LI-Remote
For candidates living in the US, the expected salary + commissions On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for this role is currently $86,000 - $91,000. Actual offered OTE will vary and will be based on various factors, such as calibrated job level, qualifications, skills, competencies, proficiency for the role, and various factors that will be laid out in a commission plan.Benefits & Perks
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services
- Cell phone and WiFi reimbursements
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Learn More About Us
- Life @ Thumbtack Blog
- How Thumbtack is embracing virtual work
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Meet the pros who inspire us
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state, or local law. We also will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law.
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact: email@example.com.
Company name: Thumbtack
Remote job title: Account Executive
Job tags: Pipeline Management