Remote job description
At Chainguard, we are on a mission to secure the software supply chain by default. We are choosing to do this the right way, which is the hard way. Some have even called us "the Justice League of security." Our team is founded by the industry's leading experts on open source software, security and cloud native development and is backed by Sequoia, Amplify Partners, the Chainsmokers and more. Chainguard's product portfolio includes Chainguard Enforce, Chainguard Images and Professional Services. Customers range from Fortune 500 companies in banking, fintech, government and infrastructure to startups and SMBs. Join us as we help organizations secure their software supply chain from source to production.
We live and breathe our company values:
Fun. Everything goes easier when we're having fun! We do serious work, but we try not to take ourselves too seriously.
We have a Bias for Action. We're a startup and we need to move fast. Speed is our friend!
We are Customer Obsessed. We intently listen to their needs and value their feedback.
Open Source Excellence is key. OSS is a component of every software supply chain, and OSS is required to improve supply chain security.
Trust and Reputation. This one has two parts! We're a security company, and our reputation is critical. Also, we hire great team members and trust them to do their work. We're transparent with data, news, and decisions, to empower our team members to make the correct decisions.
The role, in a nutshell:
We're looking for highly motivated sales executives who have strong market knowledge and enjoy building relationships with key decision makers to evangelize building secure and reliable software. Our sales team walks a mile in their customers shoes and wants our customers and prospects to see the immense value and expertise Chainguard's solutions offer.
- Define and execute sales plans for your assigned territory
- Convey value prop and product differentiators to prospects and customers
- Forecast, meet, and exceed quota
- Through a combination of inbound and outbound leads, develop and manage leads funnel
- Manage business and track opportunities through CRM and other supporting tools
- Collaborate on and improve all aspects of the sales cycle, including product, support, and sales engineering
- Understand the competitive market, being familiar with competing companies and their offerings
- 5 + years of IT sales experience
- Domain experience with one or more of the following required: Compute platforms (Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud), DevOps Tooling, CICD platforms (Github, Gitlab, jenkins) and overall SDLC.
- Strong track record consistently overachieving sales targets
- Ability to learn new products and processes quickly
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written
- Team player
- Must be willing to travel to clients to support sales relationships (if required)
- Entrepreneurial ?" Willing to go the extra mile, strong work ethic, resourceful.
- SaaS or Developer tools sales experience
- Startup experience
- A strong sales aptitude and fundamental understanding of the sales process
- A sound, tech-savvy business acumen and the ability to articulate a compelling value proposition in a complex and evolving business environment
- Ability to thrive in an agile environment with an ever-evolving set of solutions
A few of the benefits we offer:
- Equity/stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote work with flexible coworking and team meetup opportunities
- Home office and internet stipend
- 100% health/dental/vision insurance coverage for you and your family
If your experience is close but doesn't fulfill all requirements, please apply. Chainguard is on a mission to build the best team. To achieve our goal, we are focused on hiring "Guardians'' with unique backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences.
Chainguard is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Company name: Chainguard
Remote job title: Account Executive
Job tags: Kubernetes, Jenkins, Microsoft Azure
location or timezone
categorySales and Partnerships
posted46 days ago