Senior Manager, Sales Enablement
Remote job description
Are you ready to power the World's connections?
Are you ready to drive results by design, not effort? Are you ready to catalyze change through collaboration?Are you ready to make a lasting impact while modernizing enablement?
Kong is a cloud connectivity company. Powering connections to build a reliable world.
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong's service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
Follow us on LinkedIn for more "Life at Kong" nuggets! 2020 Kong Summit Highlight Video
About the role:
The Sales Enablement Manager is a left and right brained role. They will develop and deploy continuing education programs for Kong's Revenue organization and help us make smarter decisions by discovering the information hidden in vast amounts of data. They will have an aptitude for problem-solving, storytelling through data, and helping others succeed through purpose-built programs. They will work cross-functionally with multiple partners - Sales, Solution Engineering, Customer Experience, Field Operations, Product Marketing, and Product - to continually discover and meet the objectives of a dynamic, growing business.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with revenue leadership, stakeholders and individual contributors to design, develop, deploy and optimize a comprehensive continuous education program
- Proactively collect information from various sources, apply data mining techniques and analyze it for better understanding about how the business performs (e.g., Salesforce, SalesHood, Gong, Insight Squared, other BI tools)
- Work closely with the VP of Enablement on organizational and operational programs designed to maximize sales productivity and operational efficiency.
- Identity and understand the competencies individual contributors need to master to excel at their jobs; build scalable and measurable learning programs to achieve these outcomes
- Build data-backed systems and structures for measuring the efficacy of the revenue enablement programs and adjusting to target areas for ongoing improvement
- Work closely with field team members to collect tribal knowledge (success stories, roadblocks, lessons learned, feedback)
What We're Looking For
- 5-7+ years of analyst, consulting, operations and/or program management experience with increasing responsibility
- A self-starter, comfortable taking initiative, mining data and working with cross-functional, executive-level decision makers to uncover needs and resolve critical business issues
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with the ability to manage multiple programs simultaneously while adhering to high levels of accuracy and quality of work
- Excellent analytical skills and experience writing, editing, and presenting to multiple levels of an organization
- Strong understanding of the pre-sales and post-sales process including prospecting, discovery, negotiation, close, account management, and customer support
- Experience with tools including Salesforce, SalesHood, Gong, InsightSquared, Clari
- We're always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Kong team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
- What is a Konger? (see our company values below…)
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today's developers build tomorrow's technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we're relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That's why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That's why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we're looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Our Core Values
Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
Be an Owner. We drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.Summary
Job title: Senior Manager, Sales Enablement
Job tags: api, dev ops / tech ops, infrastructure, open-source, saas, software