Sales Manager, Partnerships
Remote job description
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get term life insurance. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally 15-week process into a modern digital experience for our users.
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes' Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. And for exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families.
About the Role
We're looking for a dynamic Sales Manager to help engage and manage our Partnerships Account Management team independent agent channel. You'll work closely with our sellers, product, and marketing teams to drive growth of the business while building a category-defining product.
This is a great role for someone who is driven, communicative, and process oriented. This is the chance to be an early contributor on an initiative that's core to the company's future growth plans with plenty of room to grow. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic, results oriented, mission driven environment - get in touch!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own, develop, and lead all aspects of a B2B sales team including strategy, personnel development, client relationships, sales production, reporting, etc.
- Focus on implementation of consistent and high-quality sales output; excited to get into the details, roll up sleeves, and push improvement through ongoing iteration
- Support and train Partnership Account Managers in the creation of strong, trusted relationships with our external partners. Speak their language and learn how Ethos can help them build their businesses
- Monitor and continuously improve metrics focused on revenue, sales velocity, and repeat partner engagement
- Improve partnership account manager and external partner agent retention and loyalty through consistent, thoughtful, and data driven coaching
- Excellent at leading teams through change in a hyper-growth environment. Grow and develop a sales culture with a focus towards a growth mindset
- Ability to create and foster a dynamic and growth oriented team environment virtually or in-person
- Be an effective partner with other internal teams such as billing, operations, finance, product, marketing, and more
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 2 years with B2B inside sales leadership experience, including implementation and ongoing management of goal setting, accountability metrics, and pipeline management
- Minimum of 4 years in the life insurance industry, preferably as an agent or other sales role.
- Consistent track record meeting and exceeding sales goals
- Ability to lead through ambiguity and in an ever-evolving, fast-paced environment
- Excel at coaching sales teams on handling a complex sales process that may include multiple decision makers and influencers
- Ability to manage, train and support Partnership Account Managers in remote environment
- History of interviewing and screening candidates for sales roles.
- Strong working knowledge of CRM software ?" preferably Salesforce
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.
Company name: Ethos Life
Remote job title: Sales Manager, Partnerships
Job tags: Sales Leadership, Pipeline Management, Complex Sales