Sales Development Representative
Remote job description
Giant Swarm is an expert in managing the Kubernetes infrastructure for enterprises, so they can deliver digital products to the market rapidly and reliably and grow their revenues. As modern software development becomes key for most companies, this is a fast growing market with great opportunities for us to expand.
Therefore, we are looking for a Sales Development Representative (m/f/d)
Sounds quite techy - true, but don't worry, we don't expect you to initially understand any of it ;) We'll teach you everything you need to know and there is always a helping hand to explain the tech part and take over once the conversation goes into too much detail.
- You'll become the first face of Giant Swarm that people will get to know. You'll lead the initial outreach to targeted enterprise accounts across Central Europe.
- You will generate new qualified opportunities through a mixture of calling, emailing, and social media outreach to schedule meetings with Account Executives and Founders .
- You will identify new targets and get them more engaged in our own community. You'll use your experience to successfully fill our events with target contacts.
- You will input, update, and maintain daily activity and prospect information in our CRM (Hubspot).
- You'll be part of our sales and marketing team of seven people, working hand in hand with Franz (our Account Director) and Henning (our CEO) but you'll connect daily with the whole team.
- You'll be able to go beyond the scope of your work and join related working groups, depending on your personal preferences.
- You need to be self-confident and even though we don't expect any deep tech knowledge, being interested in the tech side of things does help a lot ;) You have 1-3 years of outbound sales experience within a B2B tech company.
- This is a 100% outbound focused position, so you love engaging people in conversations, you enjoy picking up the phone and calling people you've never talked to before.
- Where others might see this role as a stepping-stone into sales, you enjoy this part of the sales cycle most as you understand how crucial it is to develop new business. And this is exactly the importance we give this role :)
- 'Getting things done and data crunching' is a crucial part of your job. Following and creating good and structured workflows to manage our growth is equally important.
- And as we are a fully remote company (yes, even before Corona), you're happy to work virtually and hop on video calls daily - being self-organized is key with this.
- You're fluent in German and English both orally and in writing. Many of our customers are German but our company language is English so you'll need both languages on a daily basis.
- We (and our customers) are currently mostly distributed around Europe, therefore you should be located somewhere in Europe.
- This role can also be done on a part-time basis (min. 20hours per week) and you define your own schedule according to whichever model works best for you. Interested? Questions? Coffee? Contact Larissa (Larissa@giantswarm.io) or apply directly!
Every new team member changes the team. We love to learn from each other and people who know things we don't are highly welcome. And even though we are almost 70 people we aim at putting the individual first when taking decisions, establishing processes, etc. You'll find that from day one, your work will make a difference and will be highly valued. There are no meaningless tasks and you'll soon realize that the company is full of people who are passionate about their jobs. Our strong culture of failure helps us stay up to date and try new things. Even though we've been fully remote since 2014, we still like to meet in person twice a year at our onsites (make sure you check out our Instagram ;) ) as well as at conferences and events (as soon as they start again). Continuous learning is important to us - we foster this through bi-yearly personal development talks, a budget for training/certifications/coaching as well as regular feedback talks. Becoming part of Giant Swarm means that, by extension, you also become part of the Cloud Native community. We actively contribute to upstream projects and our quarterly hackathons will give you space to work on out-of-the-box projects. Occasionally, when we, as a team, want to fully focus on one project, we scratch all meetings and routines for a certain time to better focus during our hive-sprints.
- We don't count holiday (our team members take between 25-35 days off on average)
- Choose your own hard- and software
- As a company that has almost, if not more, kids than employees, family-friendliness is crucial to us and paid parental leave is a no-brainer.
- Healthcare compensation
- Fixed monthly budget for buying cat pictures or your mobile phone contract/ co-working space if you are boring ;)
- We aim to be fully transparent (finance, salaries, communication, etc.)
We failed in exactly describing our way to approach important company elements that can be described with 'buzzwords' such as agile mindset, cross-functional teams, self-organization, value of the individual or trust & teamwork. However, we truly care about them, we live them and we constantly iterate on them. Some snippets about how we do this are posted in our blog but by far not all of them.
Pro tip: Ask whenever something is unclear!Summary
Company: Giant Swarm
Job title: Sales Development Representative (100% remote)
Job tags: Kubernetes, Cloud Native