Software Quality Manager, Web
Remote job description
Come help us build out the next generation platform for the Sonos online customer experience. You'll have a direct impact on the business, advancing a major component of our core strategy. You'll be making it easy for people to learn about our products, how to best use them, and remain connected to the community they love. And most importantly, you'll be ensuring that our web presence is as robust and scalable as it can be.
Apply your creativity and engineering skills to help build and scale a global web experience showcasing Sonos products. You'll make them beautiful wherever they live: desktop, mobile, or app. You'll work across teams and disciplinary boundaries, and you'll be free to do what you do best.
An ideal candidate will be highly customer focused, data driven, passionate about quality and have a proven record of working effectively across functional organizations and various disciplines. They should be a hands-on technical leader capable of driving product instrumentation and automation strategies with a data driven quality approach.
What You'll Do
- Engage your feature team and act as the voice of the customer and quality organization during the development process.
- Lead, manage, mentor and grow a test team.
- Participate in the planning process for new features and initiatives.
- Champion and lead software telemetry efforts to understand real-world usage and performance that drives product improvements.
- Deliver efficient and thorough automated testing and framework support
- Investigate, log, track, and triage bugs to determine root cause and establish prioritization.
- You have regular 1:1s with your team, keep communication lines open, and support the individuals on your team.
- Conduct and participate in design and code reviews.
- Be a strong advocate for testability, identifying, and reducing risk areas during the development process.
What You'll Need
- 5+ years overall experience with at least 2 years of QA leadership.
- Experience managing direct reports, setting goals, and mentoring.
- Track record of successfully leading projects and people.
- Solid understanding of QA standards and best practices.
- Knowledge of integrating test automation as part of an overall quality strategy.
- Experience in defect tracking and test management tools such as Jira and TestRail.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and Akamai.
- Experience or exposure to testing distributed systems.
- Experience in testing web-based applications.
- Experience in the eCommerce domain.
- Knowledge of CI/CD and integrating with testing.
Company name: Sonos
Remote job title: Software Quality Manager, Web
Job tags: retail, e-commerce, connected devices, entertainment, media, music