Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, Automation
Remote job description
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, Automation (FieldRoutes)
Get to know us:
We're FieldRoutes, a leading cloud-based and mobile SaaS provider in the pest control and lawn care industry. Recently acquired by ServiceTitan, the world's leading provider of software for the trades, our platform automates all aspects of field service operations for enterprise and small businesses, enabling them to accelerate growth, streamline operations, increase customer retention, and maximize revenue.
When you join our team, you'll be joining one of the fastest growing companies in the US with an award-winning culture that's been celebrated by Inc. Magazine and Forbes. Trusted by over 1,700 field service companies across thousands of locations, our software helps clients manage upwards of a billion dollars in revenue. Our partnership with ServiceTitan will enable us to accelerate investment in our technology and people while maintaining our flexible startup culture.
Ready to make your career move?
The Software QA Engineer (Automation) role is a remote position ideal for those with extensive knowledge in SDLC. You will share our goal to create the best product in the market. As our Software QA Engineer, you will be responsible for planning test scenarios for new and existing functionalities of the application.
What you'll do:
- Run regression test twice daily.
- Debug failed test to avoid false positive.
- Give estimate on committed projects.
- Join grooming meetings to understand new features.
- Opt-in to help in manual testing when there is a need.
- Provide completed percentage of committed project in automation standup.
?What you'll bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- At least 8-10 years of experience testing software.
- At least 3 years of experience working within Agile environment. Understanding of Agile SDLC.
- At least 2 years of SQL experience, specifically joining tables and writing basic queries.
- 5-8 years of software development/test automation experience using Java.
- 5-8 years of experience with modern, open-source testing tools such as Selenium WebDriver.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- You have a passion for performing manual tests, but you love to automate the test cases as much as you can.
- Experience working with Jira or another story/defect tracker.
- Experience with Zephyr, or another test case management tool.
- Familiar with common SDLC practices.
- Understanding of Object-Oriented Design, and Design Patterns.
- Competency with Git Source Control and reviewing pull requests.
- Working knowledge of API testing.
- Experience with Agile software development methodology (SCRUM/Kanban).
- Maintain a healthy balance of disciplined feature velocity, test planning with day-to-day flexibility.
- Comfortable with and have experience working in small, fast-moving teams with "just enough" process.
- Candidate must have knowledge in Git.
- Candidate must have experience with SQL.
- Candidate must have excellent problem-solving skills.
- Candidate must have good communication skills.
- Knowledge in Zephyr with Jira is a plus.
Where you'll work:
We're 100% remote with HQ located in McKinney, TX
Be Human With Us:
Being human isn't about checking every box on a list. It's about the experiences we have, people we meet, and the perspectives we share. So, if you have the skills but are hesitant to apply because of your background, apply anyway. We need amazing people like you to help us challenge the conventional and think differently about the problems that we're solving. We're in this together. Come be human, with us.
What We Offer:
When you join our team, you're not just accepting a job. You're making a career move. Here's how we'll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
- Flextime, recognition, and support for autonomous work: Flexible time off with ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career. We offer a comprehensive onboarding program, leadership training for Titans at all levels, and other programs and events. Great work is rewarded through Bonusly, peer-nominated awards, and Founders Club- open to all Titans.
- Holistic health and wellness benefits: Company-paid medical, dental, and vision (with 100% employer paid options and 90% coverage for dependents), FSA and HSA, 401k match, and telehealth options including memberships to Headspace, Galileo, One Medical, Ginger and more.
- Support for Titans at all stages of life: Parental leave and support, up to $20k in adoption reimbursement, on demand maternity support through Maven Maternity, free breast milk shipping through Maven Milk, pet insurance, legal advisory services, financial planning tools, and more.
At ServiceTitan, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Company name: ServiceTitan
Remote job title: Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, Automation
Job tags: saas / subscription, business services, smb