Senior QA Engineer
Remote job description
We inspire people to keep learning.
Through audio and text explainers called Blinks, original podcasts, and author-driven content, Blinkist is on a mission to help people turn ordinary moments into extraordinary learning opportunities—anytime, anywhere.
Main Location: Barcelona or Berlin
Remote Policy: Temporarily from anywhere within same Timezone
Team: Engineering & Data – QA
Hours: Flexible working hours
What You'll Do
As a Senior QA Engineer, you will join one of our cross-functional teams and join a group of six QA Engineers/Analysts working hand in hand with Product Managers, Designers, iOS, Android and Backend Engineers.
- You will be part of one of our cross-functional teams, and take ownership of managing and coordinating all the aspects of software quality including the releases and automated tests.
- You own the team's mindset of the software quality throughout the development cycle and keep coaching to improve – contribute to requirements and planning, pair with engineers for reviewing changes, and collaboratively analyse as well as ship it to our users.
- You also actively share your experience and knowledge to mentor others in our QA team and communicate your technical knowledge effectively.
- You will work and communicate in our collaborative environment. Give and receive feedback to build trust, transparency, and elevate your peers.
To be successful in this role, we believe you need solid experience in mobile application testing, managing releases and E2E automated tests for iOS and Android. Ideally, you worked with XCUITest and/or Espresso in Swift, Kotlin or Java. You are in – or on track towards – a senior role. In a fast-paced company, this usually equates to 5+ years of experience.
- You have strong knowledge of Agile testing methodologies and best practices
- You have strong understanding of testing methodologies and quality as part of the delivery lifecycle
- You enjoy supporting and coaching cross-functional team members to continuously develop their quality mindset.
- You are familiar with and have experience with creating and configuring CI/CD pipelines
- You enjoy pair programming and teamwork - quality is a collective effort for you rather than just one person's responsibility
At Blinkist, we don't just accept our differences — we celebrate and support our diversity. We are committed to fair and inclusive hiring practices and want to provide equal opportunity.
We created our own Blinkist Operating System that fosters a unique company culture. Our core values, empowerment, accountability, personal development, direct communication, and transparency guide our day-to-day work. You have the opportunity to accelerate your career and create a true impact within your field. Work how you work best and never stop learning. You benefit from perks like the yearly learning budget, remote support, up-to-date hardware, public transport ticket, or access to partner apps. Our cook Ed prepares free and healthy lunch for us at the office. And, you can take time to recharge – with flexible work policies and 30 annual vacation days
At Blinkist, we embrace a hybrid way of work where you can choose to work remotely, from home, or the Blinkist office. We are happy to support your relocation and via application for Germany.
If we've captured your interest and you want to take part in building the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply online now. We can't wait to hear from you!
Copy | Append | SearchCopy | Append | Search
Job title: Senior QA Engineer at Blinkist (Berlin, Germany) (allows remote)
Job tags: swiftui, kotlin, automation, testing, automated tests