Quality Engineering Manager
Remote job description
Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we've built and have been recognized as:
- Forbes Fintech 50 2021
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021
- Inc. Best-Led Companies 2021
- TIME 100 Most Influential Company 2021
We're growing and looking for...
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We're seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We're in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Robinhood is looking for an experienced leader for our Quality Engineering team. As the leader in this space, you will be at the forefront of building the quality engineering strategy and scaling quality engineering organization for one of the many ambitious financial products.
You will build solutions that will meet the needs of today, as well as help with the future scale and complexity as we continue to grow.
You will have a unique advantage of rapidly scaling the team, as well as helping uphold our Safety First culture using sophisticated quality engineering methodologies.
What you'll do day-to-day:
- Build multi-functional partnerships with Engineering, Product and Design teams and drive organization wide collaborations
- Participate in creating QE automation strategy and drive adoption of effective processes and solutions for the QE organization
- Apply technical expertise and thought leadership to both your team and across engineering
- Add diverse talent to the team by working with recruiting and with other engineering leads involved in hiring.
- Coach and mentor Robinhood's dedicated engineers by giving them concrete feedback, setting clear goals, and coordinating project work with other teams and managers
- Deliver high-quality, impactful projects in record time with thoughtful planning
- Previous experience managing quality engineering teams including test automation engineers and multi-shore teams.
- Prior hands-on experience in testing and automation using Selenium, Appium, etc. and delivery of consumer facing products in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in creating and standardizing processes to ensure high bar for quality using a data driven approach
- Experience in hiring and growing a diverse group of quality engineers through coaching and mentoring
- Ability to influence and empower people across a broad variety of job functions through relationships through effective written and verbal communication
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission?"we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).
Company name: Robinhood
Remote job title: Quality Engineering Manager
Job tags: quality assurance, Test Automation, Appium