Quality Control Manager
Bay West LLC
Remote job description
If you care about the environment and want to do work that improves our planet, consider joining our team! For almost 50 years, Bay West LLC (Bay West) has been a recognized leader delivering Environmental Solutions nation-wide and we're proud of our stellar safety programs and records. We're a unique mix of expertise & strong tenured employees in the following services: Environmental Consulting, Engineering, Emergency Response, and Waste Management for a mixed portfolio of Federal, State, Municipal, & Industrial/Commercial clients.
Due to the growth of Bay West, we are seeking a Corporate Quality Control Manager. The successful candidate is not requested to relocate and may work from home or an existing Bay West office, if desired.
The successful candidate will be an exceptionally organized, methodical professional with the experience necessary to take our services to the next level with respect to accuracy, security, and safety. You will be charged with maintaining a complete QC program that not only ensures the quality of our services, but also fosters a "quality culture," in which all employees become actively engaged in a quality-in-all-we-do philosophy.
Ideal candidate must be able to perform the following responsibilities:
- Interpret, build upon, and comply with company quality standards
- Plan, execute, and oversee a review program to confirm quality conformance to client expectations
- Assist programs and projects in tracking, documenting, and reporting quality levels
- Analyze and investigate reported quality issues to ensure closure in accordance with company guidelines and external client & regulatory requirements
- Monitor risk-management procedures, and maintain and analyze problem logs to identify and report recurring issues to management
- Provide training and support to operational team on systems, policies, procedures, and core processes.
- Carefully maintain complaint and nonconformance processing through records and tracking systems, including root cause and corrective actions
- Document quality assurance activities with internal reporting and audits
- Maintain and develop new standards for operational procedures, with improvements as needed across all service lines
- Identify training needs and take action to ensure company-wide compliance
In addition, there may be other responsibilities, including the following:
- Provide additional project management support for investigation and cleanup projects;
- Prepare and review documents that support our Federal program, such as QAPPs, Workplans, Remedial Investigation Reports and more.
Periodic business travel is required. Travel is anticipated to consist of visits to project sites and client offices. Travel is expected about 10% - 15% of the year.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering, construction management, geology, or chemistry discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Corporate QA/QC role.
- USACE CQM for Contractors certification.
- Working familiarity with environmental assessment field data collection methods and procedures.
- Formal education or training in field sampling related to environmental remediation.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local environmental regulations.
- Must have ability to gain?entrance?to Federal facilities, which may include additional background screening/s as outlined by the respective agency.
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record for using company vehicles as need.
- Knowledge of quality assurance terminology, methods and tools.
- Analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of testing best practices and version control practices.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER training.
- Ability to foster friendly, positive, productive and team relationships.
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to be self-directed and work independently, as well as a team-player.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Interest in continued professional growth including attendance at professional conferences, external training, and course work.
- Certification by American Society for Quality as a Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence (CMQ/OE).
Bay West offers its valued employees:
- Employer subsidized medical, health savings account and dental plan.
- Employer paid vacation time, sick time, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage.
- Additional benefit options including 401(k) plan, vision coverage, supplemental life insurance, critical illness and accident coverage, dependent care, and healthcare flexible spending accounts.
- Support and encouragement to obtain additional credentials and certifications.
- Culture that empowers all employees to stop a job - we walk the safety talk!
- Competitive wages and individual consideration as your expertise and responsibilities expand.
- Business casual environment with great co-workers.
Bay West is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Bay West is an EEO/AA Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employer.
Company name: Bay West LLC
Remote job title: Quality Control Manager