Quality Assurance Engineer
Remote job description
Come build a rewarding career with the leading plastic pipe manufacturing company in the US.
JM Eagle? is the world's largest plastic pipe manufacturer, and we are committed to serving the future of people and the planet by delivering life's essentials through the most eco-friendly plastic pipe products on the market. With the widest range of PVC and PE pipes available, we combine the stable lineage of two industry-leading plastic pipe producers with the dynamic development of pipes that are the best choice for our customers and our world. Why do we believe our pipes are the way of the future? Plastic pipe is estimated to last 100-150 years, reducing waste and giving individuals decades of receiving important resources without a second thought. We have the backing of decades of satisfied customers, and we move toward the future with industry leading green initiatives and strict manufacturing standards. And with the knowledge that we have the power to deliver clean water, JM Eagle? has donated our pipe to projects in developing countries- over 400 miles to date.
The Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for quality assurance personnel training; the review of technical materials; investigation, resolution and record keeping of product claims; support for technical inquires; maintenance of product specifications; certification of products per third party listing agency requirements; facilitation of the QA Plant Audit program; assistance with department projects; technical marketing; business development; and research and development innovation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the training of Quality Control and Production personnel at manufacturing facilities.
- Facilitate the inspection and record keeping of the QA Plant Audit program.
- Assist in the timely investigation, evaluation, and response to product quality claims submitted by customers.
- Conduct field investigations of customer complaints.
- Maintain all project and claim records in an orderly manner.
- Present technical information at customer meetings.
- Coordinate with R&D and QA to update all internal product specifications (Product/Packaging/Purchasing) and disseminate this information to key Production personnel.
- Provide internal and external technical support to include preparing product certifications, reviewing specification requirements, completing technical letters, etc.
- Participate in industry organizations and standard committees such as ASTM, AWWA, PPI, Uni-Bell etc. in order to participate in industry specification development and advance JM Eagle interest and objectives.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and annual reports on active and completed QA, PA, and R&D projects and PA quality claims.
- Ensure that JM Eagle products are listed and certified by appropriate third-party agencies such as NSF, UL, IAPMO, FM, CSA, etc.
- Lead or participate in R&D projects to improve chemical formulations, improve processing, and/or trial new ingredients.
- Complete all projects in a timely and satisfactory manner, as assigned by the Technical Manager.
- Travel domestically up to 70% of the time.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibility. This position may remotely oversee R&D projects and key personnel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from an ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology) accredited University in Civil, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering. Equivalent work experience and accreditations may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Experience in underground utility industry, industrial production, quality control, research and development, background with the production of thermoplastic pipe preferred.
Must be proficient with MS Office software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. In addition, must have working knowledge of Adobe PDF documents and CAD software package.
Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, modern algebra, and advanced statistical theory. Ability to work with concepts such as limits, rings, quadratic and differential equations, and proofs of theorems.
What we offer
Great Benefits package including:
Medical and Dental Benefits - substantially company-paid!
401(k) with company match
Life insurance - company paid
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
Parental leaveCompany DescriptionWith 22 manufacturing plants throughout North America, JM Eagle manufactures the widest array of high-grade, high-performance polyvinyl chloride and high-density polyethylene pipe across a variety of industries and applications including utility, solvent weld, electrical conduit, natural gas, irrigation, potable water and sewage.
JM Eagle is the world's largest plastic pipe manufacturer-an innovative leader that combines advanced technology with superior customer service to create the industry's most sophisticated and diverse products. JM Eagle gives its customers a significant competitive advantage in the marketplace with the greatest capacity and geographic reach.
JM Eagle joins the strengths of two industry-leading plastic pipe producers, including complementary product lines as well as specialty pipe and unique product innovations. We're committed to serving each and every customer in the best way possible. Through this merger, we look forward to strengthening our existing relationships, and developing new ones in the future. JM EagleTM remains committed to our core value of delivering life's essentials through the most eco-friendly plastic pipe products on the market. We pride ourselves on being able to illustrate the vital role our products play in improving and maintaining the health and quality of life throughout the world. We will continue to manufacture plastic pipe to serve the world's growing needs.
Company name: JM Eagle
Remote job title: Quality Assurance Engineer