Quality Assurance Engineer
Remote job description
As one of the largest, award-winning, and top-selling app vendors in the Atlassian Ecosystem, we hire only the best and brightest.
What does Tempo do? We enable companies to grasp the true value of time and get meaningful insights into their operations. With our products, managers know exactly how their teams are spending their hours each day. From billing, to resource management, to cost tracking, we are proud to give our customers data they can use. Lately we have been expanding into new ecosystems, so it's an exciting time with lots of innovation and growth on the horizon!
Our reach is wide: we are happy to support more than 20,000 customers all over the world. We are looking for candidates to bring fresh perspectives to our amazing teams located in Iceland, Sweden, Canada, and the USA.
Join us and discover the thrill of being part of a team that is not only digging deep in automation, AI and cool tech but also builds great and reliable products our teams and customers love!
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
The QA engineer role will play an important part in our company's product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
- Monitor debugging process results.
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Proven work experience in software development or test automation.
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
What's In It For You
- Remote work!
- Unlimited vacation in most of our locations!!
- Great benefits plan including health, dental, vision and more
- Great office spaces in Canada & Iceland
- Diverse and dynamic teams
- Challenging and exciting work
- An opportunity to have a real impact on our business
- Free breakfast and snacks
- A great range of social activities
- And so much more!!
Come and join our amazing & high-performing Tech Team!
Note: As our hiring teams are global, please submit your resume in English only!
Company: Tempo Software
Job title: Quality Assurance Engineer at Tempo Software () (allows remote)
Job tags: quality assurance, testing, automation