Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
IHS Markit - Project Ultra Violet
Remote job description
IHS Markit is a global information company that provides expertise, data and solutions to 50,000+ customers helping them in making more informed decisions. Our research and development center in Minsk focuses on creation of three intellectual platforms of IHS Markit related to engineering and manufacturing domains. This includes scalable cognitive engines that help users - engineers, innovators, and researchers - to discover and leverage knowledge locked in corporate repositories as well as in industry sources.
Digital Transformation happens right now in enterprises all over the world. The UltraViolet project being developed by the IHS Markit company helps the customers to overcome challenges it entails and completely exploit new capabilities it unlocks. We create new solutions, like intelligent personal assistants for enterprise engineers. These are SaaS solutions that link together disparate data and knowledge sources; analyze structured and unstructured data; link the data and extract knowledge; solve specific data-driven tasks for our customers. Our tools and expertise are Natural Language Processing, Knowledge Graph, Information Retrieval, Deep Learning and Big Data. This is a complex greenfield project that follows modern development/operation approaches and summarizes many years of our experience in this field. It greatly impacts how our customers will operate tomorrow.
Your duties will include:
- Design and establish the process of automated testing for the data-driven project.
- Definition of test plans and test cases.
- Planning, implementation, and execution of tests with use of automation testing frameworks and tools.
- Collaboration with DevOps engineers on tests integration into automated pipelines.
- Creating and maintaining records in bug tracking systems.
- Taking part in solutions design definition, collection of use cases and requirements.
- Propagation of quality-first mindset in project teams.
- Expertise in testing services that expose REST/RPC APIs.
- Vast experience in data-driven projects.
- Strong experience in one of programming language: Python, Java, Go, C#.
- Strong understanding of modern automation frameworks and approaches.
- Understanding the DevOps mindset and DevOps tools.
- Experience in being part of an Agile software development team.
- Experience in performance and load testing (JMeter, Prometheus)
The following will increase our interest:
- Experience in testing distributed service-oriented systems.
- Experience in AWS cloud platform.
- Understanding containers and container orchestration solutions.
- Consumer-driven testing (Pact.io) and API simulation testing
What we offer
- Open and Collaborative Environment
- Fully remote position
- Own product development based on science and technology
- Personal growth and career development supported on corporate level
- Support of self-study and research
- Opportunity to contribute to the project architecture.
- Development of own unique data-driven products that work out-of-the-box and loved by world top companies
- Great colleagues and open atmosphere at workplace
- Knowledge and discoveries sharing inside and outside the team
- Participation in international workshops and conferences
- Continuous education with invited tutors and paid online programs
- English language classes
- Employee stock options plans
- Vacation time increase with tenure
- Extended medical insurance for employees and their families
- Personal accident coverage
- Employee assistance program
- Reimbursement of sports activities
- Corporate and social events
Company name: IHS Markit - Project Ultra Violet
Remote job title: Quality Assurance Automation Engineer at IHS Markit - Project Ultra Violet () (allows remote)
Job tags: testing, automation, quality assurance