Remote job description
Founded in 2015, Apollo is a leading sales intelligence and engagement platform trusted by over 15,000 paying customers, from rapidly growing startups to the largest global enterprises. Our platform unifies a database of 200 million business contacts with advanced intelligence and engagement tools, to help over 500,000 sales, marketing, and recruiting professionals to connect with the right person at the right time with the right message, at speed and scale.
In the last year, we've grown ARR 3x, quadrupled our active users, maintained profitability 18 out of the past 20 months, and recently closed a $110M Series C led by Sequoia Capital to fuel the next phase of our growth.
Working at Apollo
We are a remote-first inclusive organization focused on operational excellence. Our way of working ensures clear expectations and an environment to do your best work with ample reward.
Your Role & Mission:
As the QA Engineer, you will work on our quality engineering initiatives throughout the engineering organization. You will work closely with product development engineers and SRE with a diverse background and collaboratively build automation testing practices. Apollo Engineering strongly believes in allowing team members to take ownership of what they do, and our approach to problem-solving relies heavily upon creativity, communication, and collaboration.
Daily Adventures & Responsibilities:
As the QA Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Automation Testing
- Adhere to all aspects of QA processes and methodologies and ensure effectiveness and alignment to industry best practices
- Designing and developing QA artifacts for automation frameworks like Cypress
- Achieving QA objectives and deliverables to customers based on quality standards.
- Prepare, review, and maintain testing documents (test plan, test cases, test reports,) to ensure complete test coverage
- Automating test cases based on product requirements.
- Manage proper execution by the QA team on different types of testing (functional, integration, end-to-end, performance, etc)
- Internal Tools Ownership
- Building QA dashboard to report health metrics of code quality and testing coverage
- Enhancing Synthetic monitoring practices with tools like NewRelic
- Report and escalate issues with test environments. Must be able to work closely with Dev Ops and the internal clients to support deployment and testing of parallel releases for all channels and platforms.
- Supporting engineers on internal tools, systems, and processes.
- Project Tasks
- Perform QA testing activities as required (test case preparation, testing execution, environment setup, installation, etc)
- Task prioritization and project level estimation.
- Use of modern project management software such as JIRA to organize epics, stories and tickets and track progress.
- Requirements gathering required for projects.
- Manage or prepare customer demo presentations for project deliverables when needed.
- Providing estimates and plans required for feature development.
- Breaking larger tasks down into smaller tasks and identifying the order in which they should be completed.
- Using agile project management techniques like stand-ups and weekly sprint planning.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Communicate technical ideas to software developers in written and verbal formats.
- Provide strategic testing initiatives for projects to introduce efficient techniques and test productivity improvements
- Work and collaborate with other teams across different offices of the company to achieve organizational objectives when needed
- Manage risks and deliverables to ensure that the testing activities remain within agreed scope, schedule, budget, and quality standards
Experience Required to apply for this role:
- 5+ experience as Software QA
- 2+ years of experience of related experience working in a production environment
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related qualifications
- Experience and good understanding of automation testing and frameworks like Cypress, Selenium, Cucumber
- Expert knowledge of software testing, quality improvement, quality process, quality assurance methodologies, and best practices.
- Experiences in web services, batch/extract file processing, microservice api level testing
- Good experience in Agile testing methodologies and best practices.
- Modern Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment technologies and techniques.
- Synthetic Monitoring and Metrics gathering with tools like NewRelic, GCP Logging, Datadog
- Familiarity with Linux Containers and Virtualization (Docker)
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, Docker Compose.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and technical reasoning.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other engineering teams.
- Strong interest in learning new and emerging technologies
- Software Testing or Quality related certification is a plus
- Knowledge of microservices architecture
- Knowledge of the challenges faced by software engineers in a modern engineering department.
What You'll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees' careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You'll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We're very collaborative at Apollo, so you'll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You'll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you'll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!
Company name: Apollo
Remote job title: QA Engineer
Job tags: Quality Management, CI/CD, Cypress