Hi, We're CompanyCam
We create simple-to-use, visual-first communication and accountability tools for contractors. Imagine a B2B SaaS app that doesn't look like garbage, built by a team of capable, laid back people.
But don't let the chill throw you off; we're a fast-growing, product-led startup with big plans for the future.
We're looking for a sharp, self-motivated, problem-solving QA Engineer to join our team.
- Your main role will be to help build our automated testing systems, on both mobile and web, (basically) from the ground up. That means you'll play a vital role in choosing the technologies, strategies, and infrastructure we need to support this effort.
- You'll work to translate our master list of use cases into automated end-to-end tests on both mobile and web.
- You'll work with our product teams writing tests for new features and functionality.
- And, perhaps most importantly, you'll actively contribute to the evolution of the culture and processes of a growing engineering team.
Did you wake up this morning with a burning desire to help create apps for contractors? No? I didn't think so. I admit, it's not something one thinks about without some prompting. But bear with me for a moment...
Contractors are everywhere. They build our homes, they literally put roofs over our heads, they wire up our electricity, give us access to the internet, fix our plumbing and AC, paint our homes…the list goes on.
At CompanyCam, you'll work with intelligent, kind people to make contractors' work easier. You'll create time for them so they can get shit done and spend more of that time with their families. Sound corny? You'll find that midwesterner ethos permeate our culture (we're based in Lincoln, NE), so if you can't hang with that, no hard feelings, but this probably isn't the role for you.
Working At CompanyCam
Our Product and Engineering departments work together on basically two types of teams. Most teams focus on the product itself, while the Platform Team supports that work, and also works on larger and more fundamental systems and maintenance, infrastructure, testing, and devops.
Product teams use Basecamp's Shape Up method (fused with empowered product teams a la Marty Cagan's Inspired) to organize and execute their work. That means they work in teams in 6-week cycles to implement product improvements. After each cycle, everyone enjoys a 1-2 week cool-down where they pursue educational opportunities, work on pet projects, or smash some bugs that have been nagging at them.
As an QA Engineer, you'll work on our Platform Team and follow the same 6-week cycle + 1-2 week cool-down template.
Sounds nice, right? No sprinting, no scrumming, no death by 1,000 meetings. We protect our engineers' time, treat them like adults, and trust them to get their work done. We're also big on not overworking people. Put in your eight hours of focused, quality work and then TURN. SLACK. OFF. No nights and weekends.
Our larger company culture is also refreshingly chill. We have fun, learn from each other, and don't take ourselves too seriously.
We cover the important stuff too. We pay well, offer unlimited vacation, meaningful equity, health insurance, and other benefits. If you're local or down to move, we're custom remodeling a new office space in the Lincoln Haymarket area that you'll love. If you're remote (most of the engineering team is), we're well set up with great conference room video equipment so you'll feel like you're there with us, and once life is back to normal we'll fly you in a few times a year to hang out.
What We Ask Of You
These are our non-negotiables:
- Show up: have the courage to do difficult but necessary stuff.
- Grow up: take responsibility, learn continuously, and have a growth mindset.
- Do good: treat your co-workers and customers the way you want to be treated.
- Deep experience with mobile and web automated testing frameworks. (We use React Native to build our iOS and Android apps, and React and Rails to build our web app.)
- Experience generating master lists of use cases.
- Reside permanently and currently somewhere in the continental US. Alas, we're not set up to hire outside of the US.
While experience with the following technologies are not required (we're cool with some on-the-job learning), it would be a plus:
- Knowledge of Page Object Model framework
- AWS experience
- Experience utilizing mobile device farms
- Manual testing background
This position can be U.S. Remote or in our Lincoln office. At least one year of remote experience is required if you plan on working remotely. We are not accepting applicants outside the U.S. at this time.
Tags: react, quality assurance, automated tests, testing, appium