Staff Product Manager, Workflows
Remote job description
dbt Labs was founded in 2016 to empower analysts to create and disseminate organizational knowledge. Since then, we've grown to become one of the leading brands in the analytics industry. Our product, dbt, is used by thousands of companies. dbt Labs is a remote-first, values-driven company with a globally distributed team. You can learn more about our values here.
About the Role:
As a Product Manager at dbt Labs, you will work cross-functionally to help guide products from ideation to launch by connecting the technical needs of users and the business needs of our company. Product managers help define the vision, goals, and strategy we pursue in concert with engineers, designers, sales, and partners that move the practice of analytics engineering forward. In this role, you will define and deliver solutions to capture market potential from the running dbt Cloud at scale, as well as orchestrating data workflows across the ecosystem.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Study, research, and understand the analytics engineering ecosystem, with specific focus on user requirements, market potential, and competitive landscape.
- Define the vision, goals, and strategy behind product initiatives.
- Execute cross-functionally, in a collaborative manner, to launch new products, improve existing features, test effectiveness of workflows, and facilitate marketing and sales motions.
- Inspire teams of people to achieve great things together, while also tying the roadmap within a domain to broader product strategy goals and company goals.
- Create tight feedback loops with our customers who orchestrate dbt runs, ensuring that the product evolves toward the needs of these stakeholders.
You are a good fit if you have:
- You have 5+ years of experience in product management or related function (eg. engineering, analytics, design, SaaS, open source)
- You understand software engineering best practices, especially around Continuous Integration
- Previous experience working with dbt for analytics engineering
- Worked asynchronously as part of a fully-remote, distributed team
- You're deeply quantitative and enjoy rolling up your sleeves and exploring the data and connecting it to strategic initiatives
- You have experience in the data space, using or building data tools
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator
You'll have an edge if you have:
- Previous experience working with modern data warehouses (Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift, Spark, Presto, etc)
- Experience with Git based development and tools (GitHub, GitLab, etc)
- Strong experience driving growth through a series of targeted changes with demonstrable quantitative impact
- Comfortable discussing, explaining and reasoning about dbt project development best-practices
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary: $196,000-$265,000
- Equity Stake
- Benefits: In the US, dbt Labs offers unlimited vacation (and yes we use it!), 401k w/3% guaranteed contribution, excellent healthcare, paid parental leave, wellness stipend and a home office stipend. For employees outside the United States, dbt Labs offers a competitive benefits package
*Equity or comparable benefits may be offered depending on the legal limitations#LI-DNI
What to expect in the hiring process (all video interviews via Zoom unless accommodations are needed):
- Interview with a Talent Acquisition Partner
- Interview with Hiring Manager
- Take Home Task
- There Team Interviews (1:1s) that cover the following:
- Leadership in Execution
- Product Vision
- Domain Experience
- Final interview with one of our Values Carriers
Who we are
At dbt Labs, we have developed strong opinions on how companies should practice analytics.
Specifically, we believe that:
- Code, not graphical user interfaces, is the best abstraction to express complex analytic logic
- Data analysts should adopt similar practices and tools to software developers
- Critical analytics infrastructure should be controlled by its users as open source software
- Analytic code itself - not just analytics tools - will increasingly be open source
It turns out that a lot of other people believe this too! Today, there are 20,000 companies using dbt every week, 65,000 practitioners in the dbt Community Slack, and 3,500 companies paying for dbt Cloud. Our customers include JetBlue, Hubspot, Vodafone New Zealand, and Dunelm. dbt is synonymous with the practice of analytics engineering, defining an entire industry. We're backed by top investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, and Altimeter. We recently raised our series D: read the announcement here!
dbt Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We're committed to building an inclusive team that welcomes a diversity of perspectives, people, and backgrounds regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or any other protected status. We feel strongly that whether or not your experience exactly fits the job description, your passion and skills will stand out and set you apart even if your career has taken some twists and turns. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway! Please reach out to us directly at email@example.com if you need assistance or an accommodation.
Want to learn more about our focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at dbt Labs? Check out our DEI page here.
dbt Labs reserves the right to amend or withdraw the posting at any time.Privacy Notice
Supplement to Privacy Notice - Californians
Supplement to Privacy Notice - EEA/UK
Company name: dbt Labs
Remote job title: Staff Product Manager, Workflows
Job tags: Open Source Software, analytics, Software as a Service