Sr. Technical Program Manager
Remote job description
dbt Labs was founded in 2016 to empower analysts to create and disseminate organizational knowledge. Since then, we've grown to become one of the leading brands in the analytics industry. Our product, dbt, is used by thousands of companies. dbt Labs is a remote-first, values-driven company with a globally distributed team. You can learn more about our values here.
About the role:
We are seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager who will be critical in leveling up our software delivery process. This role will have two responsibilities: 1) engage in high impact and cross-team cutting projects & initiatives and 2) help us better track and enhance how we deliver software as an Engineering, Product, & Design (EPD) org.
This role is instrumental to the success of the EPD org and will be a critical stakeholder in our technical execution delivery.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Own our engineering execution tracking tools (Jira, Linearb, and Productboard) to maintain a clear view of engineering execution that can be shared across the department and company.
- Drive high-priority, cross-functional & cross-team initiatives to ensure successful delivery and business impact.
- Develop and implement technical programs and processes designed to enhance the productivity and leverage of the EPD organization.
- Advise and influence key EPD stakeholders at various levels of seniority & role type: including Staff Engineers, Engineering Managers, Product Managers, EPD Directors, and EPD Vice Presidents.
You are a good fit if you:
- Have 6+ years of collective experience as a TPM or as a Software Engineer
- Were previously a software engineer or have a strong technical foundation (i.e. understand the SDLC, can assess technical risks, etc.).
- Have the ability to drive change across teams through influence, rather than authority.
- Have a bias towards action.
- Have experience in a remote-first and/or writing-heavy environment.
You may not be a good fit if you:
- Do not possess a strong technical foundation, or you're not willing to actively learn and understand new technical concepts and processes.
- Are not interested in technical operations, program management, and change management as these are core aspects of the role.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary: $180,000-$230,000
- Equity Stake
- Benefits: dbt Labs offers:
- Unlimited vacation (and yes we use it!)
- 401k w/3% guaranteed contribution
- Excellent healthcare
- Paid Parental Leave
- Wellness stipend
- Home office stipend, and more!
What to expect in the hiring process:
- Interview with a Talent Acquisition Partner
- Interview with Head of Engineering Operations
- Case Study Project
- Team Interviews (1:1s)
Who we are
At dbt Labs, we have developed strong opinions on how companies should practice analytics.
Specifically, we believe that:
- Code, not graphical user interfaces, is the best abstraction to express complex analytic logic
- Data analysts should adopt similar practices and tools to software developers
- Critical analytics infrastructure should be controlled by its users as open source software
- Analytic code itself - not just analytics tools - will increasingly be open source
It turns out that a lot of other people believe this too! Today, there are 20,000 companies using dbt every week, 65,000 practitioners in the dbt Community Slack, and 3,500 companies paying for dbt Cloud. Our customers include JetBlue, Hubspot, Vodafone New Zealand, and Dunelm. dbt is synonymous with the practice of analytics engineering, defining an entire industry. We're backed by top investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, and Altimeter. We recently raised our series D: read the announcement here!
dbt Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We're committed to building an inclusive team that welcomes a diversity of perspectives, people, and backgrounds regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or any other protected status. We feel strongly that whether or not your experience exactly fits the job description, your passion and skills will stand out and set you apart even if your career has taken some twists and turns. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway! Please reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance or an accommodation.
Want to learn more about our focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at dbt Labs? Check out our DEI page here.
dbt Labs reserves the right to amend or withdraw the posting at any time. For employees outside the United States, dbt Labs offers a competitive benefits package. Equity or comparable benefits may be offered depending on the legal or country limitations.Privacy Notice
Supplement to Privacy Notice - Californians
Supplement to Privacy Notice - EEA/UK
Company name: dbt Labs
Remote job title: Sr. Technical Program Manager
Job tags: program management, privacy, analytics