Software Project Manager
Remote job description
- 3-5 years of project management and related experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, or a related field or equivalent experience managing software development teams
- Experience shipping augmented or mixed reality solutions (preferably enterprise)
- Able to break down complicated tasks into discrete solvable components, prioritize what is important, and provide accurate time estimates
- Demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, strategies and methods
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and experience establishing guidelines in these areas for others
- Strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making and supervising department teams
- Managerial experience applying analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to predict challenges and seek to proactively head-off obstacles
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred, but not required
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices (specifically JIRA, Confluence, and Agile methodologies)
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle, including the shipping of at least one product
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Effective cross-discipline communicator and collaborator
- Able to work in a remote, geographically distributed, and diverse Agile development environment and navigate the challenges of delivering a great product on time
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
BadVR is the world's first immersive data visualization and analytics platform. BadVR brings data into high-definition, making it easier to discover and identify hidden problems and opportunities, helping businesses make better decisions, faster. Based in Marina Del Rey, the rapidly-growing tech startup has attracted industry attention with its pioneering AR and VR demos, allowing people to - quite literally - 'step inside their data.'
Our product is already empowering users across America through our work with Magic Leap, UNDP, National Science Foundation, and more. But--we are just getting started! If you have the passion, ambition and collaborative spirit to create a future where data is universally accessible to all and meaningfully easy, come work with us!
COVID-19 Update: BadVR is based in Santa Monica, CA, but we have transitioned to a fully remote workplace model during this time. This is a fully remote, work-from-home position with the expectation of Pacific Standard Time (PST) time zone M-F, 9-5 availability.
Your Role At BadVR:
BadVR is currently seeking a Project Manager with a passion for all things data, a driving desire to change the way the world understands data, and who possesses excellent collaboration skills. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented problem solver who can guide both clients and internal teams with confidence and enthusiasm. In this role, you'll be in the driver's seat from start to finish on cutting-edge initiatives, managing and helping build products for an amazing roster of clients. This role is part of our Engineering department and reports to our CTO.
You must be a US citizen to qualify due to the requirements of US Government contracts.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of developers, designers, 3D artists and QA testers through the entire project lifecycle using Agile development methodologies
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and ability to refine its use on a project-by-project basis
- Use Agile methodologies and refine its use on a project-by-project basis
- Act as the main client contact for all project-related communication, building a strong relationship along the way
- Create and manage schedules, user stories, risk mitigation plans, scope and budget tracking, and other production-related items to ensure that your team stays on track to meet delivery and launch milestones
- Source and manage external partners, ensuring a clear transfer of project requirements and timeline
- Work well within a team of Project Managers, with a readiness to provide support on other projects as needed
- Intuitive problem-solving skills to help with task prioritization and to lead your team in overcoming project roadblocks
- Maintain team morale through enthusiasm, optimism, and authority in the face of challenges
- Manage multiple projects and meet goals from both internal and client perspectives
- Prior experience with, or a passion for, immersive (AR/VR/XR) products
- Prior experience with, or a passion for, data-related products and / or services
- Prior experience managing and shipping at least 1 immersive enterprise product
- Passion for fine arts / creative arts / music
BadVR is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
MANDATORY: When submitting your resume, please include a list of professional references and / or links to shipped products.
Pay: $70,000-$75,000 annually
- Health, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Equity packages
- Minimum 3 years of project management experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Business, or a related field or equivalent experience managing software development teams
- English (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Fully Remote
Software Project Manager