Senior UX Researcher, Commerce
Remote job description
At Squarespace, we make beautiful tools to help people with creative ideas succeed. UX Researchers work closely with product owners across our product lineup to guide the direction and influence of research - staying involved with the product teams and training their colleagues to maximize their ability to understand and act upon customer needs.
We are looking for a Senior UX Researcher who is passionate about e-commerce and understanding user behaviors, needs, and motivations through the application of applying research techniques to highlight the user across the organization. You'll primarily be focused on studying our user base of sellers and their customers. You will work within the Scheduling team in the Commerce organization as the primary researcher and will report into the UX Research Manager.
You'll Get To...
- Represent research and the needs of our users in a major area of the business by collaborating on opportunities, executing prioritized briefs, and ensuring the products we ship bring meaningful value to both the user and the business
- Support high impact user research ranging in scale from feature releases to concept explorations and complete iterative usability/concept testing
- Build and nurture partnerships with product managers, designers, data scientists, analysts and engineers
- Advocate for research within the organization and on your teams by guiding stakeholders toward the best areas of study, methodologies, and a shared understanding of our users.
- Find compelling ways to illustrate research findings through storytelling
- Conduct iterative research and communicate findings in a systematic way to partners
- Identify and answer questions that inspire product change
Who We're Looking For
- Demonstrated prior UX Research work experience in e-commerce. Previous education and training taken into consideration
- Solid understanding of UX/Design Research methods, an experience with knowing when and how to apply different methods and comfortable working alongside quantitative research partners
- Comfortable presenting to groups, creating compelling stories from user data, and building relationships across interdisciplinary stakeholders
- Experience navigating ambiguity with multiple stakeholders and working with a team of UX Researchers
- Basic familiarity with analytics and quantitative research
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch and snacks
- Private rooftop
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Company name: Squarespace
Remote job title: Senior UX Researcher, Commerce
Job tags: saas / subscription, business services, smb, soho, websites