Senior Technical Project Manager
Remote job description
Were a $70MM rapidly scaling DTC metabolic optimization company who is seeking a seasoned technical project manager who thrives on accountability to lead the most important strategic technical projects in the company. Were a 100% remote, self-funded profitable team of ~150 in our 11th year, have grown 300% in the last 3 years and have a goal to become a billion-dollar brand by 2024. However, to achieve that goal, we need a world-class technical project manager who can own project delivery, accelerate timelines, enhance quality and set the standard for project management company wide.
The ideal candidate has at least 10 years experience successfully delivering technical projects in an agile/Scrum environment and has a strong SDLC background. Scrum, Jira, Bitbuckets, etc. are a second language to you and you likely are a PMP, SCM or both. Youve project lead everything from launching digital products on iOS + Android app stores, to large enterprise software implementations like Salesforce or an ERP to building out a scalable e-commerce infrastructure.
You thrive being 100% accountable for project delivery, are incredibly organized, solve problems quickly, are a perceptive listener, communicate clearly and get energized by diving deep into details. You're driven to deliver on time, on budget and on spec with a smile. You're passionate about health and wellness, it plays a huge role in your life and you're highly energized at the prospect of aligning your personal passion with your professional project management super-power.
Hello, my name is Luis Mata, CTO of Metabolic Living, and I need your help. A year ago I was hired to transform the companys technical operations so we could fulfill against our aspirational mission. Weve doubled our team and migrated to a state-of-the-art engineering approach that combines agile/scrum for SDLC with DevOps to improve development and delivery. However, one key element is missing an expert technical project manager who leads the entire project management lifecycle. Thats where you come in. You'll make an immediate impact company-wide by being the quarterback for our most important technical projects to drive clean execution.
What are the Key Points?
- Compensation: $140k - $160k + Bonus
- Location: 100% Remote (virtual team of 150+ with no corporate office)
- Benefits: Health/Dental/Vision/Disability/Life + Robust 401k + 15 Days PTO
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EASTERN (regardless of where you live)
- Culture: Human-first with High-Performing, Happy & Humble People (no jerks)
- Personality: Obsessed with Details so We can Simplify the Complex for Others
What Will You Be Working On?
The list of strategic projects you'll be immediately in charge of is energizing:
- E-commerce Platform Were launching our new brand (see more below) on a new, highly customized e-commerce platform that supports both organic sales as well as those driven by our extremely high volume of paid advertising ($3MM+ per month). This is a complex project with many stakeholders with whom you'll need to gain alignment.
- Salesforce We have a 50+ person internal phone sales team and have implemented phase 1 of Salesforce to empower their efforts; however, to reach their fullest potential, we have a number of robust enhancements for phase 2 and beyond.
- Flagship Digital Product Were also launching our flagship digital product that helps people optimize their metabolism with an individualized nutrition, exercise and lifestyle plan thats customized to how their unique metabolism works this requires complex planning to parse through complex logic about the metabolism and to deliver that in a seamless UX.
Should You Apply?
If youve proven the ability to deliver complex technical projects consistently on time, on budget and on spec and you have a passion for health and fitness and
- You LOVE extracting detailed business requirements and translating those into technical plans
- You LOVE organizing, managing and executing on all facets of the project lifecycle
- You LOVE getting stakeholders in alignment, resolve bottlenecks and delivering
then please read on as you're an ideal fit and wed love to talk to you ASAP!
Who Are We and How Are We Different?
Metabolic Livings mission is to make living healthy easier than living unhealthy. We do that by empowering people to fix their own health with our metabolism-first approach and supporting ecosystem. Our goal is to become the Apple of your metabolism. It just works.
There are 3 things that makes us different than other brands in the health and wellness space:
- Metabolism-First After 11 years of trial-and-error with 100k+ people, weve found that once you optimize your metabolism, you get the results you want: feeling your best, looking your best, performing your best and living longer. Your metabolism is your inner compass for health, but most people dont understand how to read it; once you do, itll tell you exactly what helps you thrive and what acts like Kryptonite to stay away from.
- Individualized-Approach Paleo may work great for one persons metabolism, Vegan for another, Keto for another, etc. Everyones different, so to achieve results that stick, those differences must be respected; if not, things will backfire. Thats why our approach is 100% customized to the individual there is no perfect program to find, it must be a for that specific person and support how their unique metabolism operates. This is where so many of the one-size-fits-all solutions fail today they dont respect our very real individual differences.
- Integrated Ecosystem Its simply too hard to live healthy lots of great individual solutions, but nothing is connected. The individual is left to stitch everything together, which is confusing. So, we simplify everything with an integrated suite of products and services you need to optimize your metabolism. We started with nutrition, then moved into exercise, then supplements, then coaching and are constantly pulling in new pieces of the health puzzle.
Finally, we power up this 3-pronged approach with our proprietary Metabolic Optimization System (or Metabolic OS) that combines extensive practitioner wisdom and scientific research with machine learning and AI to deliver a truly customized consumer experience. Our Metabolic OS pulls everything together to deliver the true customization, true integration and true transformation everyone wants.
Whats Our Past and Future?
Our company may be a bit confusing at first, but its because we built everything organically in reverse, starting with our first nutrition program in 2012, then our first exercise program in 2014 and then launching our full ecosystem of products, including nutraceuticals, functional foods, subscriptions, memberships, 1-on-1 coaching and more. Currently, these are all marketed separately under different DTC websites and brands in a direct response manner.
However, now everythings being centralized under our new brand, Metabolic Living, with our flagship e-comm website launching this Fall, with our app launching thereafter. Normally, companies launch with a brand and then figure out how to make money. We did that in reverse creating products that solve specific problems first, scaling that up to fund building out our team and infrastructure, and then retrofitting the brand on top.
Whats Our Culture Like?
Were serious about high-performance, so our culture is built around deep work to allow uninterrupted time for the focus needed to deliver world-class performance. At the same time, real collaboration and transparency is critical to keep us all in alignment and keep office politics out of the equation. These arent just talking points weve implemented specific policies, for example:
- A standardized 8:30 to 5:00 p.m. ET schedule to protect your personal and family time
- No meetings before 1 p.m. ET to empower you with 4 hours truly of deep work to GSD
- Daily huddles and weekly check-ins to brainstorm, align on priorities and remove bottlenecks
- No meetings the first week of the month to gain momentum for each 30-day sprint
Company name: Metabolic Living
Remote job title: Senior Technical Project Manager - Fully Remote at Metabolic Living (Raleigh, NC) (allows remote)
Job tags: jira, sdlc, agile