Senior Product Manager Underwriting
Remote job description
Founded in 2017, Coalition is on a mission to solve cyber risk and create a safer digital economy where everyone can thrive. Digital risk is now a part of every business and it's no longer solely the domain of technical teams. That's why we combined comprehensive insurance with proactive cybersecurity tools to help organizations stay resilient to digital risks like cyber attacks, funds transfer fraud and much more.
Our team works collaboratively across North America and Europe to prevent security failures and provide both technical and financial help when incidents do occur. Today, Coalition is the world's largest commercial insurtech serving over 130,000 customers including many small businesses that rely on Coalition to help them chart a path forward in the new digital world.
As of September 2021, Coalition has raised $520 million from leading global technology investors as well as highly-regarded institutional investors including: Index Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Valor Ventures, Durable Capital, T. Rowe Price Advisors, and Whale Rock Capital, valuing the company at more than $3.5 billion.
Coalition has experienced tremendous growth by helping organizations of all sizes solve real-world problems and by remaining true to our founding values of character, humility, responsibility, authenticity and diversity. That's why we are proud to be named one of Inc's Best Places to Work in 2021.
About the role
As a Senior Product Manager at Coalition, you will own one of the company's strategic product areas and have material impact on business outcomes. You will own the accountability of shaping and defining how our risk management products and underwriting operations drive an efficient and profitable cyber insurance business - enabling better and faster underwriting judgements, modeling, pricing, quoting, policy issuance, renewals and more.
- You will build a differentiated product roadmap by identifying important problems, opportunities for innovation, comprehending the needs of personas and studying the market and competition.
- You will interface with several stakeholders - underwriters, risk engineers, actuaries, security analysts, and data scientists to create robust products and solutions that reduce risk.
- You will partner with Engineering and Design to define detailed feature specifications and user experiences, track dependencies, and guide projects with efficient processes.
- You will define goals for underwriting efficiency and risk reduction, track success of your solutions, and fine-tune your goals through continuous learning.
- You will make data-driven product judgements based on metric-driven assessments and qualitative user feedback, prioritizing ruthlessly to make swift tradeoffs and deliver the roadmap.
- You will obsess about creating delightful user experiences, balancing growth with risk appetite, purging inefficiencies, and increasing automation - investing in projects that drive the business long-term.
- You will be a thought-leader and help strengthen Coalition's brand.
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 5 years of experience building software products and services, especially FinTech and/or SaaS
- Solid track record taking products from an idea (yours and others) all the way to customer benefit
- Knowledge of how to connect the dots across a intricate environment and identify opportunities and risks
- Knowledge of how to articulate intricate technical problems to stakeholders from different areas of the business and guide discussions to actionable outcomes
- Track record of delivering products working with an agile engineering organization and guiding dependencies across multiple stakeholders
- Proven track record of product growth via quantitative analysis and qualitative feedback
- Experience creating and enhancing mechanisms and process efficiencies that scale
- Maturity to balance short-term and long-term development needs simultaneously
- Comfortable with change; rapid company growth needs and rewards flexibility
- Experience in leading independently, through influence and acumen
- Highly effective communication skills, especially written, for multiple audiences
- Willingness to step in to fill gaps and drive for team success
- Believed by team members and outside customers alike to deliver on what is promised
- Real-world experience with the business of insurance, or related regulated financial products
- Experience driving operational efficiencies for intricate systems and workflows
- Familiarity with SQL and manipulating large data sets to derive insights and make product recommendations
- Engaging writing for an external audience: a company or personal blog, maybe instructional material to help drive adoption of your product
Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Company name: Coalition
Remote job title: Senior Product Manager Underwriting