Senior Product Manager, Retailer Mobile
Remote job description
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we're building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you're ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There's no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work?"whether it's from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop?"while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Instacart's Enterprise Experience team is responsible for the discovery experiences within Instacart's white-label storefront platforms.
Instacart's white-label storefronts enable some of North America's largest grocers to have best-in-class digital experiences, including e-commerce, that are fully aligned with their brand and customer value propositions. The Enterprise Experience team is responsible for optimizing and innovating on all the ways customers discover and shop our retailer's white-label storefronts. We measure success primarily through activations, basket site, and retention.
Customers shop at our retailers every single week, and it is important to these customers that they have phenomenal mobile app experiences that make online or in-store shopping both easy and delightful. In this role you will be responsible for the product strategy for the mobile app solutions we provide to our retailer partners. Key questions to address include:
- How can we make the user experience 10x better?
- How can these apps work seamlessly with retailers ecosystem of other apps and experiences?
- How can these apps serve the needs of customers while they are directly in the store?
ABOUT THE JOB
- Lead a cross-functional team including both native and web developers.
- Drive product definition, strategy, and long term vision for our mobile app platforms.
- Work with a very high degree of autonomy on a critically important problem space.
- Think through a multi-sided problem space that requires balancing consumer / retailer experience with developer experience / platform scalability.
- Be part of Enterprises' small but rapidly growing product team. As an early PM, you will be a leader with vision in helping build an impactful product organization.
- 4+ years in Product Management at a technology company, ideally working on growth and analytics within consumer facing products.
- Have worked on Mobile products and ideally have driven "product redefining" front-end platform investments.
- Strong communicator. The idea of meeting the CEO of a Top 5 US retailer should energize, not deflate you.
- Strong technical literacy. You need to be able to talk constructively with developers about things like JS frameworks and API specifications.
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Company name: Instacart
Remote job title: Senior Product Manager, Retailer Mobile
Job tags: mobile, Developer Experience, scalability