Senior Product Manager, Privacy and Athlete Identity
Remote job description
About this role
Strava is the leading social platform for athletes and the largest sports community in the world, with US offices located in San Francisco and Denver and over 100 million athletes in 195 countries. If you sweat you're an athlete, and Strava's mobile apps and website connect millions of active people every day.
Strava is looking for a product manager to join our team and lead the strategy and product development process for our Integrity Team. This person will be a cross-functional lead, working within a cross-functional product team to develop systems that ensure the safety and trust of our athletes while consulting other product teams on best practices and policy impact.
- Establish and communicate shared privacy and athlete identity vision by collaborating with product, infrastructure, legal, and community management teams and building consensus on strategy and priorities.
- Define and analyze privacy and safety metrics that drive the success of our athletes and business.
- Work with legal and compliance to convert the global policy to internal requirements.
- Work cross-functionally and with an agile approach to deliver insights, roadmaps, and products that provide value for our athletes and business.
- You have experience leading a cross-functional team of designers, data analysts, engineers, and marketers.
- You are a positive influence, a great communicator, and a natural leader.
- You use data to guide strategic prioritization but have deep empathy for the user and great product instincts.
- You have an affinity for the fast-paced, constantly evolving environment of a growing company.
- You can turn broad ideas into action.
- 5+ years of consumer product management experience. Familiarity with privacy and safety best practices, including a focus on organizational enablement.
- Experience with defining requirements and roadmaps based on global policy (GDPR, CCPA, OFAC, DSA)
- Experience in building full-stack systems (service -> client) that enable organizational scale adoption of technology and innovation.
- A strong technical and/or analytical background is preferred.
- Great references from prior or current product teams ?" especially software engineers.
Strava is Swedish for "strive," which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We're a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world's athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes' days even better. And just as we're deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we're dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We're backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we're expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community ?" we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture, and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes' lives ?" now more than ever. All to say, it's a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.
Company name: Strava
Remote job title: Senior Product Manager, Privacy and Athlete Identity
Job tags: OFAC, Full Stack Development, GDPR