Senior Product Manager, Customer Engagement and Retention
Remote job description
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes!
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes' Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. And for exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2.7 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families
About the Role
We're looking for an experienced product leader for our consumer team who's excited to take on complex problems and create elegant product solutions for our customers.
You will be responsible for leading our customer engagement and retention efforts, and delivering new product experiences to support our long-term relationship with our customers!
This role requires a high degree of entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to get things done. The ideal candidate will couple deep intellectual capacity and analytical rigor with creativity around go-to-market and customer experience. We're looking for senior leaders who are passionate about advocating on behalf of users, demonstrate a high degree of ownership, and are looking to join a team with a clear mission and purpose.
Key initiatives will include:
- Creating a clear and compelling vision for Ethos product and develop a roadmap to realize that vision
- Launching new products in collaboration with 3rd party partners
- Optimizing our portfolio of life insurance experiences focused on accessibility, simplicity, and driving business results
- Collaborating with our marketing team to ensure that go-to-market strategies are aligned with existing and new products
- Establishing a robust experimentation calendar focused on pricing, customer expectations, and personalization
- Partnering with other product managers to think through the entire customer journey
- Understanding and pursuing the next set of new features and products that our policyholders need and want
In this role you can expect to:
- Work closely with Design, Marketing, Analytics and Engineering to transform your ideas into compelling and personalized messages and product experiences
- Design and implement A/B tests to optimize our experience
- Hone your strategic thinking - transform large data sets into a story that helps senior leadership make decisions
- Lead, manage and develop highly functional teams, ensuring detailed experimentation methodology and flawless execution that is scalable and sustainable
- Perform quantitative forecasting and qualitative research to identify product opportunities and prioritize your roadmap
- Get your hands dirty and drive the product development process for your product from ideation to launch to impact analysis, collaborating with many teams along the way
To thrive in this role, you have
- A deep understanding of customer needs, and strong motivation to tackle their problems
- Strong analytical skills, competence in SQL, and experience with tools for doing data analysis
- An owner's mindset - you don't shy away from the hard stuff
- Experience conducting user research to educate product design and revolve pain points
- Strong collaboration skills in team environments but able to act quickly as the decision-maker
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- Experience launching consumer-facing products with clear impact
- A sense of urgency and the ability to achieve impact in a fast-paced environment
- A growth mindset -- you live and breathe experimentation, data analysis, and ruthlessly focus on impact
- A strong understanding of current product best-practice and opinions on where product is going next
- A strong track record of growing products you've worked on, both in terms of usage as well as user affinity
- A demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally across teams to prioritize and build products that delight customers and deliver on company goals
- A strong analytical orientation -- a focus on data driven decision making and the ability to measure success
- A solid design and technical understanding such that you can engage with your counterparts in collaborative and productive manner
- A STEM undergraduate and/or master's degree (preferred)
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.
Company name: Ethos Life
Remote job title: Senior Product Manager, Customer Engagement and Retention
Job tags: Customer Engagement, Experimentation, Data-driven Decision Making